"Unknown genre"?

Kambly

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I don't know if it's because of my Xbox account region or what but most songs I download from the Xbox music pass don't have any 'genres' (like Pop, Rock, Soundtrack etc..)

I hate using the Xbox desktop app so I directly search and download the songs on my phone. The problem is that when I do that, none of the songs have genres and, as I understand, you can't create playlists on your phone either (that's unforgivable, Microsoft). I like variety and shuffling through songs but I'd still like to be able to organize them, at least a little bit.

Anyone else bothered by that?

David Best

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
you can make playlists on the phone..but i dont think most people know how.
to make one on the phone is by looking through the music you have on your phone and tapping the three dots at the bottom and selecting the songs you want and tap "add to now playing" then go to the now playing screen and hit the dots again and tap "save as playlist"

Kambly

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! Very helpful.

But still... I think I'm done with Xbox music for now. It's just so freaking bad! So frustrating to navigate through. And besides, the sound quality on the Ativ S isn't very good. It's way too bright for me. I bought a pair of good headphones and it helped but it's still not great. For that, I really miss my Lumia 710. The sound quality was stellar, even with the earbuds that came with it in the box.

I'll use my iPod shuffle for the music but it's too bad because I really enjoy my Ativ S for just about everything else. Watching videos on it is pure delight.

Like so many other WP users, I hope people at Microsoft will rethink this whole Xbox music mess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes