missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
If Groove is missing one single feature that Zune offered, then it is a failure. No more of this going backwards stuff. Sick of it. Better have metadata editing ability, smart playlists, etc. Anything less and you start firing people.

AaronGraham

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I am sorry to tell you that Groove is a simple rebranding of Xbox Music. It isn't a new feature. In its present form it is identical to Xbox Music in all but names. Zune was great but don't expect it to make a return any time soon.

Regards,
Aaron Graham.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I am sorry to tell you that Groove is a simple rebranding of Xbox Music. It isn't a new feature. In its present form it is identical to Xbox Music in all but names. Zune was great but don't expect it to make a return any time soon.

Regards,
Aaron Graham.

Why not? Microsoft keeps saying "we are listening?". Well, nearly everyone is asking for Zune back...where is the listening? Sounds more like ignoring.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
not everyone necessarily.

but actually, I can understand why the Zune brand isn't something they'd resurrect. And they don't listen to everything. Like if people got behind the adoption of Android, well...

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

but actually, I can understand why the Zune brand isn't something they'd resurrect. And they don't listen to everything. Like if people got behind the adoption of Android, well...

So it is a good idea to complete dump any form of a program that supports our local owned media? Right now the apps barely play our music and video, and they dont even do that well. Complete trash.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Just tried it out for the first time today and I hate to say it but it does kind of suck. Even on the PC side. I really had my hopes up.

I signed up for Music Pass. It doesn't work on the phone yet. Downloaded tracks to my PC but they don't sync to my phone library. Mix Radio is better.

I was expecting a more polished like Rhapsody like experience on Groove. Rhapsody was doing cool cloud like stuff 10+ years ago, cached library, radio stations, recommendations, synced playlists. This was kind of polished garbage :(

With a price point around the same as Rhapsody it should at least be as good.

Sometimes Microsoft seems hell bent on stripping useful features out in the name of simplicity. It's been a trend for years. When they do make something great the next version has less functionality. Apple manages to keep design simplicity without always sacrificing function.

Canjok

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Sadly, Groove has many bugs. It can't even find all the Tracks I have. Sometimes it updates Tracks (add them to library) but then it suddenly stops. There isn't even a manual button to "force update". Also, I think it feels very slow compared to other players (Windows Media Player, VlC). But I love the Design and for sure I'll keep using the App while hoping for improvements.

BigPete7978

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I have had Xbox Music for quite some time. I'm hoping with this rebranding they will improve the features that it offers. For one I would love it to finally be optimized for the iPhone 6 Plus (which I have for the time being, may be getting one of the upcoming Lumia flagship releases). Allow for following of playlists or be allowed to favorite them. This is one thing I have always liked about Spotify. Allow me to follow artists, get updates on them, etc. There are a ton of features that could brought to the table.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Groove is awful and an embarrassment. No metadata editing, no cd ripping, no smart playlists- nothing Zune had years ago. Microsoft should just give up and dump the whole music idea.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I am sorry to say this but I have to agree. Groove sucks.

It doesn't sync my music (for two weeks now, still the same songs on my playlists when I update weekly), it's unable to play some of my music (not sure why since the Hub Tile plays them flawlessly) and it has no customization or whatsoever.

I was satisfied with the Music+Videos app Windows 8 had before but now and ever since 8.1, the music player on WP has been a disappointment which is a bummer since that's the most important part of a phone for me.

Don't get me wrong Windows 10 Preview on my 1520 is GREAT. Everything about the UI, animations and feature are fantastic. The new Weather and News apps my goodness they are literally flawless but then there's Groove. A big disappointment. My upgrade is up since February and if Microsoft doesn't fix Groove until the launch of the iPhone 6S, I will go back to iOS. The rest of the OS is great but the music functionality is the most lackluster among the three major mobile OSes (I mean Android has multiple stock music players that are horrid as well but at least we have options, the options in WP are just as bad as Groove).

Microsoft, please fix this. I've been very active in W8.1 and W10 preview for phones regarding this matter in the feedback, please read suggestions because the app (Xbox Music and Groove) is truly horrible. I think waiting for almost 2 years for Microsoft to fix the app is more than enough.

errole

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
They just updated the app on IOS. It's very fast and you can do offline mode to songs now which is good. Individual songs.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Well as they love rebranding so much, they could just rebrand Zune and keep all its awesome capabilities. Sorted.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Loved Zune and I still use it on my desktop and Surface Pro 2, love XBM, and I'm sure I'll love Groove. But, then, I focus > 90% on the music, and <10% on whatever software plays it. And admittedly, most of my playback is still through 2 great Zune players -a 64HD, and an 80GB.

When Zune was current, there were just as many users moaning about it, just as "loudly".

Best enjoyment of the music to all. :love:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb