Groove Music on WM10 won't launch (today)

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Tried to the open the app today on my 950XL and it just quits. Already tried rebooting.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

tboggs13

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Same here. My first instinct was to uninstall and reinstall the app. However, Groove is a system app and can't be uninstalled. So now I guess my choices are wait for MS to push another update or wipe my phone.

Anyone know how to force a reinstall of a system app?

Would be nice if MS has a "reinstall" option in the store.

JettleMania

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm not experiencing this problem. Which build are you on? I'm on .29 (with the latest firmware). I dropped out of the Insider program last week followed by a hard reset. :)

albe231

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
So if I open the store app, hamburger button to select music, and then select my music from the main page it will open groove. As long as groove is at least suspended you can reopen it via back button hold. But it still will dump to home page if trying to open via tile, or from volume drop down.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Tried to the open the app today on my 950XL and it just quits. Already tried rebooting.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Open a song using the file picker. This fixes the problem for a while. It will come back again, just repeat the steps again if it does

SASSBS

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I am getting the same issue today, it just crashes to start screen when using the tile or app from the list.

I tried the store workaround but the same issue remains.

Any ideas?

albe231

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I am getting the same issue today, it just crashes to start screen when using the tile or app from the list.

I tried the store workaround but the same issue remains.

Any ideas?

If the store workaround doesn't work try using the file system to play a song. Also, I joined the Insider program on the slow ring and installed the updates. Haven't had the issue since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss