Groove Music Frustration

Steigerwald21

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I'm curious if anyone else is having this issue. I have a 128gb SD in my Lumia 830; the phone is running Windows 10. I have about 80gb of music and I tried copying it all at once to the SD card. When I did that, it seems like it didn't all copy correctly. So I started doing it artist by artist (taking a long time). I got about 1/4 of the way through, and now the albums don't show up in Groove at all when I add them. They show up in the files app, and they show up in other media apps, so I know they are there. Anybody have a fix for that?

Kyle Stilkey

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello. I'm curious if anyone else is having this issue. I have a 128gb SD in my Lumia 830; the phone is running Windows 10. I have about 80gb of music and I tried copying it all at once to the SD card. When I did that, it seems like it didn't all copy correctly. So I started doing it artist by artist (taking a long time). I got about 1/4 of the way through, and now the albums don't show up in Groove at all when I add them. They show up in the files app, and they show up in other media apps, so I know they are there. Anybody have a fix for that?

If you place you music on your MicroSD card under the music folder, you'll be set. The more files you have the longer it's going to take Groove to find them. The first time it finds them may take sometime and with that much for just music it could be awhile before it shows it's finding them. Just open up Groove Music and let it sit and find the songs.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I had an issue that sounds similar to what you're describing when I first added a 64 GB card to my phone and tried to load approximately 20 GB of music. Only a small percentage of tracks would show up in the music app and play correctly. Browsing the storage from the file explorer showed the folder structure of artists and albums, but many of the folders were empty.

After a few days of this frustration, I learned that my SD card was a counterfeit. I ran some diagnostics on it and discovered it only had about 4 GB of useable storage instead of 64. I replaced that SD card and haven't had any issues since. I don't remember which tool I used, but you basically have to delete all data on the card, and the tool tests every sector with a write/read/delete to calculate the useable storage space on the card.

Steigerwald21

May 15, 2014
Visit site
The SD card is legit. It plays the songs fine on other apps. Also I've been adding the albums one by one to give it time to show up in Groove, and they won't show up anymore.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't matter if you copy the albums one at a time or all at once. Once they've been added, Groove needs to find the files and add them to it's database. Press the back and make sure that your Groove Music is closed, then add your music, then launch Groove again.After a little while, Groove will say Finding New Music. Then it should add your music to the collection. It's a bit of a pain, and hopefully they fix it soon, but once you know how it works, it isn't hard, just annoying.

Steigerwald21

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I did what you described. I closed it out, I reset the phone, I waited for at least an hour, and still no results. The first 20gb or so were just fine, but after that it wouldn't recognize them. I tried downloading something through my Groove Music Pass, and that was just fine, but it wouldn't recognize anymore music on my SD card (which isn't the issue). Any other ideas?

Brian Stobbe

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
I have another thread going surrounding the same problem. I have about 180GB of music on a 200GB card. First thing to know is that the library only adds songs while your screen is on... stupid, right? If you're lucky and have an older Lumia you can set your lock screen to never come on. If you have a newer one the max is 5 minutes. Anyway, worse yet there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when the thing decides to start adding files to the library. I've tried using the Sync button under the cog wheel but that doesn't seem to necessarily result in adding files to the library. I have a good deal of my music in the library now but its incomplete. Incomplete by how much? Groove doesn't give you a total artist\album\song count anywhere which would let me know... what a coincidence. :/

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Go to the hamburger menu then click settings gear at the bottom then click "Sync my music."

I also suggest changing your lockscreen timer to NEVER before doing this.

Once "Sync my music is in grey" then it's actively syncing all your music.

Then a blue tab will show up telling you groove is adding songs.

Everything should be sorted after that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium