Groove controls on lock screen?

celticmagick

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Hello community,

I have noticed many posts in the Feedback app requesting music controls on the lock screen, even those as simple as Play/Pause.

This has me confused as I personally can change the tracks and play and pause from my lock screen without any problems. Just curious, am I in the lucky minority or something? Do you fellow Insiders have Groove controls on your lock screens?

I've had W10m on both my 635 and now 640 XL with the same result.

Thanks!

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
they actually mean on the actioncenter, visible all the time, not just briefly appearing after volume up/down

celticmagick

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Ah, ok. The split second flash of the controls now could use a duration boost for sure.

I would really like to have a long press on the volume up and down keys to change the tracks, especially while driving.

Thanks for the reply!

celticmagick

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Another downside with track controls on volume is I cannot unlock my phone with windows hello till the track controls minimize itself.

That's pretty bad. How does a detail like that make it past the drawing board/internal testing?

I don't have a phone with Hello so I do not have any reference, but would a more streamlined control be out of the way of Hello?

The current popup controls are huge and have a lot of wasted space. Yes, making it easier to use while on the fly but take up a huge portion of the screen in the process. I think they could make the controls a lot thinner and more on point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99