03-21-2017 06:40 PM
145 123 ...
tools
    Since updating to Windows 10 mobile. Groove music has been an absolute nightmare. It is easily one of the biggest issue in Windows 10 mobile. Purchased music not showing up. Music files only showing up in some list. Incomplete albums. And many more issues. I'm done! I can't do Windows phone with these types of I issues that are never getting fixed after every update.
    curseoftheninja and trjg like this.
    05-22-2016 01:31 AM
    Here you can see I purchased a Rick Ross album from groove yet it all the songs does not show up even though they're on the phone and can be played manually. You can also see the album shows up in artist view but not in album view smh. This is poor quality at best.
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20160521_0010.jpg   wp_ss_20160522_0001.jpg   wp_ss_20160522_0002.jpg   wp_ss_20160522_0003.jpg   wp_ss_20160521_0011.jpg  

05-22-2016 01:38 AM
    And before anyone suggest it; my phone has been both hard and soft reset numerous times. Yes, the app is up to date. It's a 1520. And yes the SD has been formatted numerous times.
    05-22-2016 01:41 AM
    This is one of many albums and songs missing from my library in groove.
    05-22-2016 01:42 AM
    Put all of your songs in music folder of your device or memory card
    05-22-2016 02:14 AM
    Yes album and artists option won't work in groove you can access all songs from songs option.
    05-22-2016 02:18 AM
    App sucks big time. I play one song, it displays info about other song and album cover of a third song xD
    YeahRrright and SeptynAde like this.
    05-22-2016 05:02 AM
    Put all of your songs in music folder of your device or memory card

My songs are in my music folder.
    curseoftheninja and Sin5ra like this.
    05-22-2016 06:50 AM
    Yes album and artists option won't work in groove you can access all songs from songs option.

I have too many albums to list my music by songs. That's not a good way to enjoy my music.
    Sin5ra likes this.
    05-22-2016 06:51 AM
    Album/Artist doesn't work correctly in Groove. It filters not from tags, but by some crappy algorithm.

Use another music player. I use Core Music Player, works well and does the job.
    Sin5ra likes this.
    05-22-2016 12:33 PM
    I have too many albums to list my music by songs. That's not a good way to enjoy my music.
    If you can edit the tags, make sure that the 'Album Artist' tag matches the 'Artist' tag. If 'Album Artist' is blank or different it will cause the songs to be missed from the Album view.

I had the same issue and simply copied the Artist tag to AlbumArtist using MP3Tag on my laptop.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    05-22-2016 12:59 PM
    If you can edit the tags, make sure that the 'Album Artist' tag matches the 'Artist' tag. If 'Album Artist' is blank or different it will cause the songs to be missed from the Album view.

I had the same issue and simply copied the Artist tag to AlbumArtist using MP3Tag on my laptop.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    WOW! This is something I've never heard of before. I will verify this. Thanks
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    05-22-2016 07:39 PM
    WOW! This is something I've never heard of before. I will verify this. Thanks
    I tried it and it doesn't work. Groove is severely broken and I must ask myself: what kind of engineers are working at M$?
    YeahRrright likes this.
    05-22-2016 09:16 PM
    what kind of engineers are working at M$?
    The Groove Android app works pretty good.
    curseoftheninja likes this.
    05-23-2016 03:31 AM
    The Groove Android app works pretty good.
    Eh disagree. It's severely limited
    05-23-2016 04:34 AM
    Try these two options;

1. Groove => Settings => "Sync my music"

2. Groove => Settings => "Reset" (re-build the library)

I'm not saying that you're wrong with Groove being a badly coded app, but I have 967 albums on my collection (Local+OD+Music Pass) and all of them are showing correctly on my Lumia 640 and Tablet, so I assume it's something with your database that went rogue.

If you have Windows 10 PC/Tablet try to use the Groove app over there, to see if the PC database is rendered correctly.
    v535, jmshub and charktorious like this.
    05-23-2016 05:30 AM
    1520 user here and you probably don't want to hear this, I am a couple of albums short of 500 with 6500 songs, most are from my Groove pass, but a few are purchased, about 20 more in OneDrive and I have only one issue and that is the phone seems to have lost the ability to auto-download whereas my PC and two tablets can do this all the time.

I have exactly the same music count (Albums, artists and songs on each device), no playback issues and although I am not a big user of playlists they work and sync across the above devices and my Xbox One with no problems.

I admit I did have a major issue on one of the last Insiders build, so went back to production and all is well again.

Sorry you are having problems.
    jmshub, Captain_Eric and maya77 like this.
    05-23-2016 07:14 AM
    I don't really "get" Groove Music, but from what I can tell it's mainly, or perhaps exclusively, a cloud-based service. Is that right? I do keep my music in OneDrive, but I prefer to play music stored locally on the SD card. Groove doesn't appear to do that, or if it does I haven't figured out how. So I downloaded Core for local music playback, and it seems to work fine. If someone knows of a better player for SD-only music, I'd be happy to hear about it.
    05-23-2016 09:42 AM
    Everybody here who has an issue with Groove, please give MS feedback on the problem. Squeaky wheels don't get grease if they aren't heard.
    Captain_Eric likes this.
    05-23-2016 09:58 AM
    Windows Phone has probably the worst music player in the history of music players! Even the alternative ones in the Store are useless. For me seamless music play in the most important. I've bared it with W8.1M but in W10M its horrible. Made the decision to switch to a Xperia X once its released.
    YeahRrright likes this.
    05-23-2016 10:00 AM
    To Ubizmo:

Go to your settings on each device and choose to download music added to your collection, also choose to do the same with music you buy or add to OneDrive.

If you are talking about already collected MP3's, just point groove to the folder you have your files stored and Groove will add them.

The one thing I would consider especially if you have a large collection is maybe add some at a time to allow the database to catch up.

If you add your MP3's to OneDrive and then choose to download them, you are effectively playing local files, but now ones that are shared across devices.
    05-23-2016 10:27 AM
    To Ubizmo:

Go to your settings on each device and choose to download music added to your collection, also choose to do the same with music you buy or add to OneDrive.
    Thanks for the help.

I see no such setting on my Lumia 640XL.

If you are talking about already collected MP3's, just point groove to the folder you have your files stored and Groove will add them.
    I also don't see any obvious way to point Groove to folders.

I can long press on a title and tell Groove to download it. It seems to place things under a code name in a folder called "OneDrive Cache".
    05-23-2016 11:07 AM
    You know you have it better than I do right now. I had to make the switch to an iPhone for work and I also have an android so for me groove music doesn't work right at all. I can't add music to my collection or download it to play offline because the apps are bugged. I can't stream anything I have added to my PC in the last 6 months because it doesn't update my collection. I am still on this forum because I want my Windows Phones back so badly, lol.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-23-2016 11:18 AM
    I ran away from Groove music from the begining, It did not work neither IOS or Windows 10. It a mess when you travel overseas for rights stuff. I swiched to Spotify and problems solve. You can save playlist for offline listening and it works perfect in IOS (both macBook and IPhone), Windows 10 PC and Mobile. Let Bill Gates resolved his own problems....
    05-23-2016 11:40 AM
    I don't really "get" Groove Music, but from what I can tell it's mainly, or perhaps exclusively, a cloud-based service. Is that right? I do keep my music in OneDrive, but I prefer to play music stored locally on the SD card. Groove doesn't appear to do that, or if it does I haven't figured out how. So I downloaded Core for local music playback, and it seems to work fine. If someone knows of a better player for SD-only music, I'd be happy to hear about it.
    You can play music from the SD card with Groove.

If you store your music on OneDrive, you can download selected playlists, albums, to your SD card.

I like this functionality. I don't want all of my giant music collection on a chip. So, I put it in OneDrive and stream it. Or, when I won't be connected to wifi, I download it to my sd card.

Overall, I like Groove. It's catalog is biggest. To me, it's "radio" feature creates better Playlist than, say, Spotify.

FWIIW: It takes some time to "index" all the tracks, but after a couple of days, it settles down.
    Last edited by Captain_Eric; 05-23-2016 at 11:52 AM.
    05-23-2016 11:41 AM
145 123 ...