Why won't some of the songs on my W10 phone play on a Groove playlist?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why won't some of the songs on my w10 phone play on a Groove playlist?

I am using Groove Music player on my Lumia 640 Windows 10 phone. Some of the songs on the playlist are greyed out and there is a circle with an "i" in the middle next to the song title. When I click on the song I get this message: "We can't play this one It's not on this device and it's not in a place we can stream it from". The song is on the phone (on the sd drive) and will play if I am not using the playlist. I have a playlist with 64 songs and about 25 of them won't play on the playlist. Any ideas?

Music-Maven

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
This is more info for the above post. The playlists that I'm working with were created on my PC and synced over to my windows phone. The playlists on my PC worked fine. I went into the phone and added the songs from the phone to the playlist - also on the phone. After the phone synced with my PC, the playlists on the PC had songs (added from the phone) that could not be played there. It was the converse of the problem with the phone playlists.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
some songs get their rights removed. they are often refreshed or added to a "newer" version of the song. but glitches happen.

so the solution is to remove the song that is grayed out. and go search for it again and download the song that has the newly acquired right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12