Groove Metadata Edit

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
So Groove updated today, and it came back with the update notes when first opened. It mentions that I am now able to edit the metadata of my songs with in Groove. For the life of me, I can't get it to work. I assumed you went to a songs properties and change them there. When I go to properties, I cam select and/or highlite and of the info, but the onscreen keyboard never pops up, making it impossible to edit them. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Johan Ruda

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Yep, it's the same for me. I can't edit the info either.
Are your songs on OneDrive or stored locally? I have all my songs on OneDrive so that might be why, maybe?

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
If you're talking about mobile version, you press and hold the song you which you would like to edit and then select Edit Info. For PC the difference is just that you right click on the song instead of pressing and holding it.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by Johan Ruda
Yep, it's the same for me. I can't edit the info either.
Are your songs on OneDrive or stored locally? I have all my songs on OneDrive so that might be why, maybe?

Ditto, same here. But that is pointless if they can't be. They have touted the OneDrive storage as one of Groove's huge features. If I can't use a other feature if I use OneDrive, the whole thing is pointless.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
My biggest issues with the metatdata is:

A) It is ridiculous that you can't edit music on OneDrive. They pushed OneDrive heavy on us, and now if we use it, you miss o this feature?

B) Instead of looking for the first album a song was released on, it always looks for the last. So half my songs are listed for albums that are from greatest hits or compilation albums. Which in turn also messes up the years they are from.

Johan Ruda

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
We're actually not that stupid. If there was an "Edit" option we wouldn't ask here ;)

Problem is that there is no such option:
9la5jp.jpg

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
My songs are stored locally. I can test it for you though.

Update: it doesn't work with music on OneDrive for me too.

Last edited:

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
When they killed Zune and many of us complained that the ease of syncing to each device without having to drag and drop and not remembering what songs was dropped to which device, we were told to use the cloud as the system was intended as that was how we were to achieve this. So there is your "melodramatic".

dnlbntl

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I keep Groove's filter set to show only local files and I can't edit the vast majority of my WMA-lossless, FLAC, or MP3 files. It seems I can edit one rogue MP4-audio file and a few random WMA-lossless songs.

Device: Lumia 735 / Build: 10.0.14393.67 (Production) / Groove: 3.6.2398.0

estidi

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I haven't tried the mobile version, but it seems like in the PC version, option to edit info only comes out if the current tab is not 'Now Playing'.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
If I move a track to my device Lumia 640XL on xxxx.103, I see the edit button. And I get the keyboard so I can edit it. But it won't save. Sometimes, I get an error message saying "Try again." Other times, it appears to save, but it doesn't (when I search for it). So something is askew

palmujukka

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I've saved my songs both locally and to OneDrive and the option to edit metadata isn't present. I've tested this both on my phone and PC.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
MusicBee on PC. Maintain a library there and sync with OneDrive. Editing metadata on a phone sounds tedious.

I also edit all my metadata on a PC, using MP3tag, and then just copy the edited files to my Groove folder (my songs are stored locally) and it displays the correct metadata fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa