What's the difference between on the filters on W10M?

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I am still trying to figure out what the difference between the all the filters in Groove in W10M.

They are:
All
Available Offline
Streaming
Only on this device
On OneDrive
Purchased
Groove Music Pass

Wouldn't available offline and only on this device be the same thing? I was thinking one maybe includes the sd card but thats not the case. And what about on onedrive and streaming? isnt that the same thing as well?

Once again MS with the confusing settings :grin:

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
You can add an album to OneDrive but unless you download it would be streaming, but if you do it becomes local, but having it show as OneDrive gives you a chance to see where it came from.

Same with the other two you mention, available offline will show local, OneDrive and music pass albums you have downloaded for non streaming.

Makes sense to me......

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
You can add an album to OneDrive but unless you download it would be streaming, but if you do it becomes local, but having it show as OneDrive gives you a chance to see where it came from.

Same with the other two you mention, available offline will show local, OneDrive and music pass albums you have downloaded for non streaming.

Makes sense to me......

Ok that kinda of makes sense, but you didn't mention the other one, and the one I am trying to figure out the most. What is the difference between available offline and only on this device. If it is offline it has to be "on this device" no?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I did but you missed it.

Available offline does have to be on this device, but it can also be on OneDrive and your music pass Music pass.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I did but you missed it.

Available offline does have to be on this device, but it can also be on OneDrive and your music pass Music pass.

I got it, figured it out thanks.

It would be great if i could filter between my device only and SD either include everything offline or ONLY SD card or ONLY device...without taking out the card obviously. is there a way to do that? The problem i have with groove is i have so many song i only load a few on it at a time that i want to listen to because it would be impossible to find everything if i put all my music on there at once.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb