Microsoft Considering a Groove Family Plan Option

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I was listening to the Windows Central podcast from this week and heard something that caused my ears to perk up. Sounds like Microsoft is considering creating a family plan option for Microsoft Groove subscribers. It blows my mind that it isn't already an option.

The only reason my wife and I are on Spotify is because of the family plan. Groove is a vastly superior app and service, in my opinion. If the subscription cost is competitive, I'm totally switching back.

How about you guys?

Andy Vee

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Too late. I waited too long and couldn't wait more. Then past month I switched to Spotify and differently from the author's opinion, I am liking it a lot more than I liked Groove. Spotify's desktop app is way better than Groove's. Not to mention that now me, my wife and my two daughters can enjoy it since I use Windows phone, daughters use Android and wife uses iPhone. Groove app in Android is bad, according to one of my daughters that had Groove (and it was cancelled too).

For me, there is no going back. We are very happy with Spotify.

The only downside for me is that when I turn on the car, my phone wants to play Groove, not Spotify, and I am afraid there is no way to change that.

MrGecko

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Rumors & rumors of rumors; 4 Months later & no Groove Family Plan.

Just signed up for Amazon Prime Music Family Plan; 6 people for $150/year, $12.50/mo.

I would say I'm sorry to go Microsoft but you are doing this to yourself. Been a Microsoft Fan Boy for decades.

My MS Band 2 fell apart (running FitBit Charge 2 without phone sync)

No new Windows Phone (Even at Build last month we got to see how great MS runs on Iphone & Android). I'm looking to get a Galaxy S8 (My Lumia 950 comes off contract in couple of months). MS is working hard to keep Android working.

Can't beat 'em, join 'em!

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I have 10 devices under Groove. And I've bought a year of Groove at multiple sales including a sale for 1 year of Groove at $31.40. No other plan matched what I'm able to get with Groove at the prices I've paid.

And they've added human editors who are really good. Now I'm finding really good music and I feel like I'm on the cutting edge. I used to depend on friends and music charts to find the latest good songs. Now I can tell friends, "hey have you heard this song?" and come across looking like an audiophile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa