04-07-2017 08:14 AM
80 ... 234
tools
    So if you are unable to make it work using the original path, try this alternative method.
    I suspect it will be needed for all new MS devices (550/650).
    The OP was updated with your helpful information, Dano91, including credit to you. Thanks for contributing.

OP was also updated as follows:

Update:
    Here is a link to the latest version of the tool (1.80.0.160.0 Beta). ARM Folder

Download and unzip. You need the InteropToolsApp, the 1.8 Beta and 5 dependencies that are bundled in a sub-folder.

After downloading and unzipping, connect your Lumia to a PC via USB. (Or transfer the file by another method if you prefer.)

• Navigate to the root folder of the device and place the ARM folder there.
    • On the device go to Settings > Update & Security > For developers > highlight "Developer mode" by tapping on it > accept the warning and tap "Yes." (Note that you may want to come back after the tool is installed and restore your default.)
    • Close Settings and open File Explorer
    • Navigate to the root folder of the device and open the ARM folder > open the ARM Dependencies folder > tap on each file in turn and tap "install" for each when the dialog box pops up (there are 5 dependencies in total and you should install all 5)
    • Navigate back up the directory tree to the ARM folder > tap on InteropToolsApp appxbundle > accept the advice and tap "install." (Note that the tool should be signed in the advice by "gus33000" and if it is not I don't know what the heck you are doing - get out of there!!!)
    • Tap on InteropTools_Beta > accept the advice and tap "install." (Note that the tool should be signed in the advice by "gus33000" and if it is not I don't know what the heck you are doing - get out of there!!!)
    • The App should appear on your All Apps list and you may pin it to Start

Note that the above includes an updated component which will expand the Tweaks section of the tool. For best results I would recommend unistalling Interop Tools and reinstall the packages as outlined in the new version of install steps.
    08-29-2016 11:20 AM
    Tried it and it worked. Very happy :)
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-19-2016 11:16 AM
    Great info @RumoredNow. I had not searched for this thread yet, but posted my own little snippet for enabling this on my Idol 4s. But I was more after the Capture living images option which is not there by default, and accomplished it. BTW what does Barc stand for?
    04-07-2017 02:27 AM
    But I was more after the Capture living images option which is not there by default, and accomplished it. BTW what does Barc stand for?
    Could you add LI hack in here? Please and thank you.

Barc? I really could not say...
    04-07-2017 05:27 AM
    After adding the below keys and values I enabled the Capture Living Images option in my default camera for the Idol 4s. I have not tested DNG capturing though.

Add Key:
    [HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\Nokia\Camera]
    Name: Barc

Added these values under the Barc Key:
    BarcVersion String=101.1

DNGDisabled Dword=0

IsEnabled Dword=1

Let me know if it works for you.

Like posted above MMO will have camera keys too, but I have not added anything else, since for now Capture living images works, which was my goal.

UPDATE:
    Adding the same key values above to [HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\MMO\Camera] give the same result. Not sure why but DNG can be selected but the files do not save. Actually I have been leaving out the Key "BarcVersion" since I have no clue what it is or mean anyway, and capture living images still works.
    Last edited by Nate W; 04-21-2017 at 06:15 PM.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-07-2017 08:14 AM
80 ... 234