Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rene Ritchie
  • 1 Post By moc426

Global Posts
    2,375 Global Posts
    February is fitness month at Mobile Nations, and you know what that means? we all get together to get in shape, share tips and tricks and recipes for success, review amazing apps and accessories, give away great prizes, and have a ton of fun!

This here is as our first contest, STEPPING UP! Every day this week there'll be a thread right here in the forums -- starting with this one! -- and all you have to do to enter to win is tell us what exercise or activity you did today. It can be walking or running, playing soccer or doing yoga, swimming or dancing -- anything that makes you move. If you have a Fitbit, Nike Fuelband, JAWBONE UP, or any gadget with a pedometer, you can simply share your results!

At the end of each day, we'll pick one winner and give them a $20 gift certificate. How's that for motivation?!

So get ready, and get posting in the thread below!
    Temporarily dispossessed editor,
    http://www.imore.com

http://twitter.com/reneritchie
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Dang, of all days today I forget to wear my Fuelband..
    Well yesterday was a casual 6288 steps but with this going I feel obliged to contribute more.

Tomorrow for me marks super-stepper-week and I'll do my part to push towards some impressive cumulative goal :D

Today is bouldering day, then if my fingers aren't destroyed, pullups!

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Today I did George Saint Pierre's Rushfit Explosive Power Training. why a workout video you ask? well because it is something different.

Also since diet is important as well

I had two whole eggs with hot sauce and a little ketchup, a piece of multi-grain toast with all natural peanut butter, and two glasses of skim milk. for lunch I am going to have two cups of a black eyed pea soup that contains roasted red peppers, roasted corn, roaster poblano chiles, and onions with water. for dinner I am going to have steamed broccoli, home made sweet potato fries, and home made oven baked chicken fingers that I had made yesterday for the super bowl.
    Last edited by damielrohie; 02-04-2013 at 01:32 PM.

going to the gym after work to do cardio today

I walked a little over 2 miles this morning.

I do P90X. During my lunch break I did Ab Ripper X (15 minutes) and when I get home tonight I'll be doing Back & Biceps (1 hour).

damielrohie, your meals look very good and very healthy. If I can ever get the diet portion of my lifestyle down, I'll be able to go to the next level. Until then, I'll make do with just being "pretty healthy".

Did my pull-ups and pushups this morning, yay.
    Developer

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Monday is pull up day and if like me you can't do a complete set of pullups, you can train for it with horizontal pullups like the following picture.
    rows.jpg
    Apps:
    Weather Smiles - Weather Live tile with 2 locations 1 tile and a smilie :)
    My 500px / My 500px Free - 500px website viewer plus upload, account access and lockscreen wallpaper
    Mystictrust likes this.

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Today I will be doing R.I.P.P.E.D. at a local Gym. I also scored an 82 on my sleep and I am watching my FitBit tracker.

I'm doing the 6 week training app found in the Windows Phone store. So today I did pushups, situps, dips, pullups, and squats. I'm also thinking of doing a little Nike+ Kinect training tonight.

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Group cardio class today. Tomorrow lifting.

Did shoulders, triceps and chest workout at the gym with heavy weights since I am trying to gain muscle. I started using the Gym Pocketguide workouts so I can change around my routine. :)

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awsman View Post
    I do P90X. During my lunch break I did Ab Ripper X (15 minutes) and when I get home tonight I'll be doing Back & Biceps (1 hour).

damielrohie, your meals look very good and very healthy. If I can ever get the diet portion of my lifestyle down, I'll be able to go to the next level. Until then, I'll make do with just being "pretty healthy".
    the best way to do that is portion control. there was a study done by this guy at Kansas State who showed that as long as you limit your caloric intake you can lose weight it doesnt matter what you eat. I always cook a huge bowl of soup usually bean soup for all that delicious fiber and protein and then portion it out and freeze it. my main problem has always been portion control if you have the potions already made out for you so that you know that is exactly what you have to eat it makes it easier to not overeat. then you dont have to worry about it being paleo this or vegetarian that or nutty bar this (i was going to use twinkies but they are out of business now).

Monday is chest and biceps day for me!

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Today was all about cardio for me. And ran/jogged a lil over a mile using my wp8 endomondo app to track my progress then I followed up with a workout using the Nike training app on my old iPhone4 for the routine. it was the the 45min crunch + burn workout for todays session. And here's my starting weight for this years February fitness challenge 155.6lbs. But started the year at 160lbs so doing pretty good so far I think :)

Since it is a school day I use my phone and Endomondo to track my distance to and from classes and my parking spot (2.2 miles). I did also make it to the gym earlier, did about 15 minutes of weight, HIIT style, and 30 minutes in the SAUNA. My phone in my pocket musicing all the while.

Xboxing it with my gals! They are a great motivation for me!

In bed workout:
    20 bicycle crunches,
    20 v-up crunches,
    20 oblique twists
    step outta bed and bust out 40 pushups
    morning run:
    1.4 miles using Endomondo app and jamming jams on Lumia 920 (amazing app for every kind of workout) also rocking Purity in-ear headphones.

Yesterday (Monday), I lifted weights (leg day).

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    i use Runtastic lite on my Nokia Lumia 920.
    i use it to track when i walk the dog twice daily.
    I also use it when i want to track the longer runs that i do with the dog.