Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    And there's no better way to start a workout thread than with zombies!!!

Zombies, Run! | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Livescape is still my favorite diet/exercise journal app
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    Another good one, MyFitness Pal

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    MyFitnessPal, DotNetNuzzi Fitbit Activity, WiFi Scale Tracker, Caledos Runner and HealthVault are my favorites.

Marathon and livescape my favorites. Has anyone have a tracker divce like fitbit, nike fuel band, etc? I am looking for one, but looks like the one that will fit in the WP ecosystem is fitbit, right?

I used to have one called 6 Week Training or something like that. It's great for people that are too lazy to go to the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by German1513 View Post
    Marathon and livescape my favorites. Has anyone have a tracker divce like fitbit, nike fuel band, etc? I am looking for one, but looks like the one that will fit in the WP ecosystem is fitbit, right?
    For now yes, although there is no dedicated app by FitBit. I'm currently planning to use DotNetNuzzi Fitbit Tracker on my Nokia 920. My FitBit Zip ought to arrive in a couple of days time.

If there are any Fitbit users that would like Fitbit to release an official app for Windows Phone please sign this petition. https://www.change.org/petitions/fit...asing-a-wp-app

for the former iphone users. is there a fit app like "jefit" you could plan a weekly routine on it down to each set and reps and it was perfect. Even graphed improvements for the main compounds. Everthing ive found on windows phone isnt even close to the level Jefit is.
    The updated Endomondo app is okay. I haven't used their paid version. If I didn't have a year+ of data in Endo I would probably use runtastic?

Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    I am using Runtastic and Myfitnesspal and like them both.

Runtastic and MyFitnessPal user here as well. Would love a FitBit app. Petition signed.

6WeekTraining suits me the best.

I have to amend my previous reply. I have since switched from Runtastic to Endomondo as Runtastic crashed on me a few times while using it.

Workout Scheduler is good...... you can give it a try and they do have some other apps which are worth a try.,
    Maybe no more better than this
    Available ONLY TO WP (7.5 e 8.0)
    (Monitor Dieta)
    Monitor Dieta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I know that it is not in Nokia's business plan, but with their nokia maps/+Here app, I really think that they would be able to put together a good fitness activity app for runners and cyclists. A lot people are using their smartphones as "health and fitness centers" and I think it would be interesting to see if Nokia could bring something to the table, possibly even making it compatible with other services such as fitbit, runkeeper, myfitnesspal, etc.

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I heard that Fitbit is working on a WP app

Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I use runtastic pro, I don't like that it requires you to make some playlists through Zune if you want to listen to music without the live tracking to be interrupted. After registering your account, they give a discount for the full service online so you can set routes for your self if your interested in that sort of thing.
    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex Beta

For the gym goers, I recommend Gymwolf—a workout and cardio tracker. It has very comprehensive features to track every workout routine. It has lots of customizations, and I love that it lets you supply info from the very tidbits. It records everything. It has a wide range repository of workout routines, from bicep workouts to leg workouts. It comes in very handy for every minute of your exercise. Internet connection is needed in order to run and explore the app.

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    What is everyones thoughts on "Active Fitness" App?

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I use Caledos Runner frequently because it's the only one with RunKeeper integration, though I've also been testing the recent Adidas miCoach.

I tried Marathon and Endomodo two years ago in the WP7 years and was not impressed. Maybe they've changed.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    A recent update to Runtastic allows you to listen to Nokia Music as well. I don't understand why I can't just listen to anything while running though. Why should it matter?

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I like Active Fitness and use it for Cycling. It seems to run very well, while not using a lot of battery. I recently used it all day (10+ hours) while hiking in the adirondacks and had battery to spare. I also had all of the other radios off to save battery, but it's still pretty good.

I use Runtastic Pro for running.
    I have used endomondo over a year because at the time there was really no other choice. It works well enough but WP users are treated as 2rd class citizens, new features are rolled to IP, ROID first and eventually WP. I have been trying out Runtastic, which works great but I have a hard time with their screen color. its hard for me to see the data while running. Endomondo has the same issue. I am using Adidas Mi coach as well. It is not very useful for someone who is already fit or a runner only but would work great for beginners or folks who primarily work out in the gym. Finally, I am beta testing a new WP8 exclusive TrackRunner by App Cauldron. It great to see WP developers who are passionate about what they do. You should check them out. I am impressed with what I've seen so far. Will probably post more on comparisons when I have a couple months usage.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast