Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rene Ritchie

Global Posts
    2,375 Global Posts
    It's Fitness Month week 3, and that means sleep and relaxation, and that means our Resting Up contest! Every day this week there'll be a thread in our health and fitness forums, and all you have to do to enter is tell us what you did to rest that day -- sleep, naps, meditation, breathing. The idea is to get a little community pressure going so we all get enough sleep at night, and enough breaks during the day. If you have a sleep tracker or any other app or device that helps you out, you can simply share your results each day!

This is a great way to keep us all motivated and accountable, and get a little healthy peer-pressure going! Plus, every day you enter is a chance to win a $20 gift certificate! How's that for motivation?!

So get ready, and get posting in the thread below!
    Temporarily dispossessed editor,
    http://www.imore.com

http://twitter.com/reneritchie
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Well, what I do to rest during the day is to take what I call a "power nap" on lunch, usually only 10 -15 minutes or so, and i just close my eyes and recharge a little bit.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I always take a nap in my guest bedroom so I don't get too comfortable and nap for too long. 20-25 minutes, with no watch and no alarms to rush me, makes for a good recharge.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    i try to go to bed at the same time every night and wake up at the same time everyday. I dont nap because for me it always screws up my sleep habits.

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Last night I scored a 70 on my Zeo.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    What I try to do during the day is follow the 20 second rule - something I found on the internet. It says that every 20 minutes you should look for a bout 20 seconds at an object that is aprox 20 feet away - thus helping your eyes rest (and mind). From my experience - it's impossible to do this every 20 minutes, instead do it whenever you remember or whenever you feel like you could use a short break.

I'll hit the gym Mon-Fri and rest on Saturday and Sunday. My trainer told me to give my body a solid 48 hours to rest. That give me the opportunity to get some epic naps in. But I'll usually read so that way I don't feel like I'm not doing anything productive.