- 02-18-2013, 12:37 PM #1
It's Fitness Month week 3, and that means sleep and relaxation, and that means our Resting Up contest! Every day this week there'll be a thread in our health and fitness forums, and all you have to do to enter is tell us what you did to rest that day -- sleep, naps, meditation, breathing. The idea is to get a little community pressure going so we all get enough sleep at night, and enough breaks during the day. If you have a sleep tracker or any other app or device that helps you out, you can simply share your results each day!
This is a great way to keep us all motivated and accountable, and get a little healthy peer-pressure going! Plus, every day you enter is a chance to win a $20 gift certificate! How's that for motivation?!
So get ready, and get posting in the thread below!
- 02-19-2013, 02:15 PM #6
What I try to do during the day is follow the 20 second rule - something I found on the internet. It says that every 20 minutes you should look for a bout 20 seconds at an object that is aprox 20 feet away - thus helping your eyes rest (and mind). From my experience - it's impossible to do this every 20 minutes, instead do it whenever you remember or whenever you feel like you could use a short break.
02-19-2013, 02:28 PM #7
- 32 Posts
I'll hit the gym Mon-Fri and rest on Saturday and Sunday. My trainer told me to give my body a solid 48 hours to rest. That give me the opportunity to get some epic naps in. But I'll usually read so that way I don't feel like I'm not doing anything productive.
- By Rene Ritchie in forum Health & FitnessReplies: 8Last Post: 02-08-2013, 08:07 PM
- By Rene Ritchie in forum Health & FitnessReplies: 6Last Post: 02-08-2013, 11:12 AM
- By Rene Ritchie in forum Health & FitnessReplies: 20Last Post: 02-07-2013, 04:38 PM
- By Rene Ritchie in forum Health & FitnessReplies: 7Last Post: 02-06-2013, 10:58 PM
- By Rene Ritchie in forum Health & FitnessReplies: 9Last Post: 02-06-2013, 09:17 PM