HP Elite 3X Specs + Features

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
This is the only thing that gives me pause:
- dual SIM card tray that can load dual nano SIMs or (1) nano SIM + 1 micro SD memory card

Right now with my 950 XL I am running 2 SIMs AND a micro SD card. The Elite X3 would not be able to incorporate my extra storage needs if I use the tray for 2 SIMs. And yes, I need more than 64GB (42 usable) from the Elite X3.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
dual SIM card tray that can load dual nano SIMs or (1) nano SIM + 1 micro SD memory card

Yeah... That configuration confuses me when I see it too. Makes me wonder what they are thinking. It's an (new?) and odd ball setup. Not sure I approve either and that just on general principles.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There will be single sim (single sim + micro sd) variant as well as a dual sim (single sim + micro sd / dual sim) variant

That's the same thing, isn't it?

One tray, with two holders. One holder is dedicated for SIM, one is convertible SIM or SD card. Every phone will be able to vary. SIM + SD or SIM + SIM as the user determines.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Does this have glance?

That would depend, most likely, on Microsoft licensing Glance firmware to HP or HP creating their own "Glance" via firmware. My gut feeling is that HP/Msft will make it so. I have no actual proof, just a feeling that Microsoft is working closely with HP on this project.

Adjaero Pascal

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
That's the same thing, isn't it?

One tray, with two holders. One holder is dedicated for SIM, one is convertible SIM or SD card. Every phone will be able to vary. SIM + SD or SIM + SIM as the user determines.

Not really, what I was trying to say is that there will be a variant that only supports a single sim card just like some phones like the Samsung galaxy s7 and then a dual sim variant like they've been advertising that supports the one you described (like a Galaxy s7 dual). Get it?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So does the single SIM model have an SD slot?

I'm basing this on things like the Honor: honor sim tray - Bing images

or the Moly W5:
61IDg2rFSkL._SL1000_.jpg

Where spot 2 on the holder can be SIM or SD, but not both at once...

Seems wasteful and expensive from a production standpoint to put out 2 models with the new "adaptive" trays being available...

I'd like to see pics showing one slot and 2 slots as a variant before I believe that they are going with 2 distinct hardware configurations for this. It's a sealed unit, yes? No slots behind the battery cover. It has to be done with trays. Is there a 3 holder tray?

Adjaero Pascal

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
So does the single SIM model have an SD slot?

I'm basing this on things like the Honor: honor sim tray - Bing images

or the Moly W5:
View attachment 127233

Where spot 2 on the holder can be SIM or SD, but not both at once...

Seems wasteful and expensive from a production standpoint to put out 2 models with the new "adaptive" trays being available...

I'd like to see pics showing one slot and 2 slots as a variant before I believe that they are going with 2 distinct hardware configurations for this. It's a sealed unit, yes? No slots behind the battery cover. It has to be done with trays. Is there a 3 holder tray?

aww man I no longer have my Moto X Pure I'd have pulled the tray out and show you what it looks like. 1 tray holding a sim and a microSD card http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/moto-x-pure-sim-sd-card.jpg here
Sim card on one side and microSD on the other.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0PA2CurEFpSVXYtOUxPLVVpbVU/view?usp=sharing

SINGLE SIM + microSD card slot? YES

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Right... One slot handles 2 cards... One mandatory as SIM and one SIM or SD...

A 2nd slot is needed to run 2 x SIM + 1 x SD.

jschipmann

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I hope the radios on this support verizons network I'm stuck with Verizon for work. I love my Icon... but the Insider builds drain the battery quick on it and I get random crashes.

muvig

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Instead of pressure they could have put a temperature feature, those working in data centers could use this feature, even at home

JM_Thomas

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I know it has USB-C, but have to ask this as this would be a deal breaker for me.

Will Windows 10 Mobile finally have USB OTG functionality on this phone? I know the port can handle it, but will MS enable it on 10 Mobile?

I had that capability with my 4 YEAR OLD Galaxy Note 2, but my 2 year old Samsung ATIV SE didn't, even though the chipset (SD800) is almost identical to the S4 (SD600), which had OTG.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99