Elite x3 needs Uber Partner and Lyft apps

David Bozic

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't care if the ghost of David Packard speaks to you from this new device or if Aunt Meg delivers it to you personally, if this phone does not come with either the UBER Partner app and the LYFT app, it is going to be a resounding failure and will die a slow death just like Palm did. It's not device, it's the apps...stupid! (The Partner app is the one used by drivers, not customers)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't care if the ghost of David Packard speaks to you from this new device or if Aunt Meg delivers it to you personally, if this phone does not come with either the UBER Partner app and the LYFT app, it is going to be a resounding failure and will die a slow death just like Palm did. It's not device, it's the apps...stupid! (The Partner app is the one used by drivers, not customers)

not everyone uses those apps and the lack of two apps cannot be sole reason for something not succeeding.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Every use scenario is different. However, I think there may be other Apps that would affect the health of sales more.

This device is primarily geared for Enterprise.

What Fortune 500 company will stay away from buying and deploying this if it does not allow their employees to moonlight as an Uber Driver? o_O

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I think the typical Uber driver is better off (financially) buying a much cheaper android phone and not a flagship enterprise windows phone. Just a guess from the ones I worked with (selling cars to).

rebinoh

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

I have to disagree to the fact that this app will make or break a device or an OS, but I do agree that there needs to be an app for W10M devices, whether it's the HP device or current MS devices.

I think that those two companies are doing themselves a great disservice by not offering the UBER Partner and LYFT apps. Especially UBER who has a UWP rider app.

I believe that it causes problems for those of us who may want to drive for these companies to augment our incomes or what not and not be able to because we don't have the "preferred" devices.

If W10M users ride with UBER, what makes them think that some may not want to drive with UBER as well?

If it's about an engineering/development issue, just simply port the iOS version to make a UWP of said app. MS has a page to guide you through the steps and tools to make it happen.

Now I do not know what LYFT's stance is on the issue of creating an app for riders and drivers, but with UBER partnering with MS on some level it would just make good business sense, IMHO.

rebinoh

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I think the typical Uber driver is better off (financially) buying a much cheaper android phone and not a flagship enterprise windows phone. Just a guess from the ones I worked with (selling cars to).

This may be true especially if you have a device/phone that won't be receiving the W10M update. But what about those of us who already have a flagship device and want to drive with UBER? Who wants to incur another cost of buying a cheap phone after purchasing a new phone for $500 or $650 just to get a chance to drive with a service who, in all actuality, should have thought about the inclusion factor initially?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett