HP Elite x3 Bricked

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I guess this is one of the reasons why people buy devices months after the release. I wonder how apple manages. They sell millions and issues SEEM nonexistent.

On the other hand, I'm dissapointed with... Microsoft or HP? The reset combo is supposed to be standard on all WP devices.

'SEEM' sounds just about right. We don't really hear it because unlike Microsoft, Apple don't really have a dedicated open-beta testing (Windows Insiders) where most of it's beta-testers rants 24/7 unlike Insiders.

Also, the reset combo not being standardized on WP devices is a norm, similar to how it is on laptops. For example, Lenovo always has this one 'Recovery' button on its laptop for reset purposes, while Dell requires certain key press combinations to activate the reset. This are all based on manufacture's preference, and HP doing something different than Microsoft isn't necessarily a bad thing. That's why the User Manuals are there.

P/S: Even different Airline companies have different in-flight safety demonstrations. It's just a habit of companies to differentiate themselves from each other, I guess.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Could the lightening bolt on screen infer that the battery was not sufficiently charged for the update? I could be wrong. I usually am indoors!!

Pj Holt

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I tried one last time holding the vol down button for quite hard and quite long and amazing the spinning gears appeared. I was proper annoyed at the thought i'd broken my new toy straight out of the box!!

beamex

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Yes.. i had the same problem.. I don't have the complete answer on what to do but after several tries with holding down the power button and the vol. down and also tried the vol.up, then it finally got going finishing the install..

J Frost

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Do you have a micro SD installed? If so take it out and do the hard restart. Do ALL your updates without it in the device and then insert the sd card. I had the same issue as you when I bought the x3 and this is how I was able to correct it, don't know why it worked but it did. I was recommended to do this, so I can't take credit.
Good Luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers