04-11-2017 11:29 PM
186 ... 678
tools
    Do you use two step authentication? In that case you may need to generate an app password for Outlook instead of using your standard password if Outlook does not ask for the code.
    I tried Outlook on my desktop PC and Outlook website,still didn't work :unhappy
    12-02-2016 03:40 AM
    I tried Outlook on my desktop PC and Outlook website,still didn't work :unhappy
    So you have to solve that first, then do the same on the phone.
    12-02-2016 09:40 AM
    Looks like the X3 is the last in the line of powerful Windows powered mobiles. Is it worth buying the device when iOS and Android devices have more to offer?
    12-06-2016 05:29 AM
    Looks like the X3 is the last in the line of powerful Windows powered mobiles. Is it worth buying the device when iOS and Android devices have more to offer?
    Okay, to address the first claim - there's no evidence that the Elite x3 is 'the last in the line of powerful Windows powered mobiles." In fact, there's evidence that there will be future releases, specifically from Microsoft. It's the most powerful right now, so it'd be a good one to buy. Microsoft has insisted it's committed to supporting

Also, as far as 'more to offer' out of Android and iOS, that's obviously a claim of use. I'm a long time Android user who switched when the Lumia 950 was released, and I haven't been able to switch away, despite trying phones like the iPhone 7, Galaxy S7 Edge, and OnePlus 3. To me, I can't figure out why you'd use an iOS or Android device when Windows Phone has so much to offer. I love Continuum and the Microsoft camera app. I think the Windows UI is definitely the best, and remembering back to the early Windows Phones, it does save me time to look down and immediately see the information I need so I can put my phone away. It's something that drives me nuts about the other mobile OSs.

But, I also subscribe to Office 365. I have my TB of OneDrive space that I use to back up my photos (even on Android) and it's also where I store and edit my documents. I have the Lapdock, a Huawei travel dock, and the HP desk dock, too. And I think snapchat is lame. ;)

But yeah, Microsoft doesn't offer less - it's just offering something different, which you'll find users here appreciate and openly advocate for. It's not without its challenges, but it's a good, growing system that is supported by one of the biggest companies in the world, and they say it's here to stay.

Edit: silly hyperlink to video tool. Totally interrupts the post. I fixed it, but where it says, "remembering back to the early Windows Phone," imagine this video hyperlinked:
    libra89, aximtreo and TgeekB like this.
    12-06-2016 08:25 AM
    Anyone know if the elite x3 is able to utilize the full 4gb of RAM on redstone? 1511 is still a 32bit build.
    In a comment to an old question that we all know the answer to...why are the Idol 4s and Elite X3 both equipped with 4GB of RAM? Is it because it looks good on paper, is it in preparation for something, is it easier then making a 3.5GB soc? Just curious, if anyone is listening and wants to chime in...:)
    libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    01-31-2017 09:18 PM
    In a comment to an old question that we all know the answer to...why are the Idol 4s and Elite X3 both equipped with 4GB of RAM? Is it because it looks good on paper, is it in preparation for something, is it easier then making a 3.5GB soc? Just curious, if anyone is listening and wants to chime in...:)
    I think is to be prepared for Redstone 3 (ARM)
    02-01-2017 01:15 AM
    Has anyone else had issues getting the Desk dock or Lapdock to read external HDs? I have tried multiple and can't get the Docks to read them. I have only had luck with SD cards. What's the point of a desk dock that can't read HDs? Pretty frustrated.
    PerfectReign likes this.
    02-26-2017 10:47 AM
    Has anyone else had issues getting the Desk dock or Lapdock to read external HDs? I have tried multiple and can't get the Docks to read them. I have only had luck with SD cards. What's the point of a desk dock that can't read HDs? Pretty frustrated.

I hadn't thought about that. The desk dock only has two USB ports, and I have traditionally plugged the keyboard and mouse into them.

I tried it today. I plugged my 1TB Seagate external drive to the desk dock. The device did not appear on the phone at all.

I'll submit a feedback request.

wp_ss_20170227_0008.png

wp_ss_20170227_0002.png
    02-27-2017 03:53 PM
    I would think unless windows 10 mobile supports otg mode while booted into the windows UI, then no. Maybe there's an app for that though...
    EuroKnuter likes this.
    02-27-2017 04:14 PM
    Thanks.
    02-27-2017 08:26 PM
    Hey all,

I'm in possession of an HP Elite x3 running the Anniversary Update + newer firmware that enables some of the cool features you can check out in this post. I've seen lots of you asking questions about this device over the last few days, so I thought it would be a good idea to throw up an AMA for those who want some answers!

Attachment 130057

Send me your questions below and I'll get answering them!
    Hey Zac - Can we expect one of these with the HP Elite x3 on the Creators update?
    04-11-2017 11:29 PM
186 ... 678