Ask Me Anything: HP Elite x3 with Anniversary Update

MOBBAK

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: HP Elite X3 Official US Price $699

In a comment to an old question that we all know the answer to...why are the Idol 4s and Elite X3 both equipped with 4GB of RAM? Is it because it looks good on paper, is it in preparation for something, is it easier then making a 3.5GB soc? Just curious, if anyone is listening and wants to chime in...:)

I think is to be prepared for Redstone 3 (ARM)

technogi

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues getting the Desk dock or Lapdock to read external HDs? I have tried multiple and can't get the Docks to read them. I have only had luck with SD cards. What's the point of a desk dock that can't read HDs? Pretty frustrated.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues getting the Desk dock or Lapdock to read external HDs? I have tried multiple and can't get the Docks to read them. I have only had luck with SD cards. What's the point of a desk dock that can't read HDs? Pretty frustrated.

I hadn't thought about that. The desk dock only has two USB ports, and I have traditionally plugged the keyboard and mouse into them.

I tried it today. I plugged my 1TB Seagate external drive to the desk dock. The device did not appear on the phone at all.

I'll submit a feedback request.

wp_ss_20170227_0008.png

wp_ss_20170227_0002.png

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I would think unless windows 10 mobile supports otg mode while booted into the windows UI, then no. Maybe there's an app for that though...

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm in possession of an HP Elite x3 running the Anniversary Update + newer firmware that enables some of the cool features you can check out in this post. I've seen lots of you asking questions about this device over the last few days, so I thought it would be a good idea to throw up an AMA for those who want some answers!

View attachment 130057

Send me your questions below and I'll get answering them!

Hey Zac - Can we expect one of these with the HP Elite x3 on the Creators update?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea