Does "Hey Cortana" work on this device?

jayblazer

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I have been with Verizon for like 10 years now but I'm pretty close to switching to AT&T for this phone but I use the Hey Cortana feature on my Icon all the time. So I'm not sure I would want to go through this trouble if the phone doesn't support one of my favorite Windows features. I have searched the web several times but cannot find the answer. Thanks for any help.

Corwin_Amber

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Daniel, unfortunately this is only the case in US-EN Region and speech settings. On DE-DE it does not work / setting is not offered.
Any idea where we could escalate / input this?
Feedback? Well, unfortunately the HP Device Hub crashes on me after the splash screen :-/ Current firmware, on Insider Fast 14955. Anybody else?

Besides that, I simply love the device :)

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Daniel, unfortunately this is only the case in US-EN Region and speech settings. On DE-DE it does not work / setting is not offered.
Any idea where we could escalate / input this?
Feedback? Well, unfortunately the HP Device Hub crashes on me after the splash screen :-/ Current firmware, on Insider Fast 14955. Anybody else?

Besides that, I simply love the device :)
I ended up using WDRT to roll back and go back into Fast Ring. Didn't take a long at all. WDRT has new FW and starts at 14393.321.

Ping @NorthFaceHiker on Twitter about it. He may ask for some logs.

Corwin_Amber

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi Daniel,

yes, resetting / WDRTing the phone does not bother me a lot, especially, since you come out on an RS1 build, which is great (such a pain with a 1520, all the way from WP8.1 or even a 950XL, which comes out on TH2.

I pinged Jason about it but he seems to be unaware / uninterested as he is unfortunately not reacting - we are having a good relation and he is even following me. I am quite active on the insider programme.

Best regards,
Corwin

Guiguixtrem

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a problem to activated the "Hey Cortana" function
I have the latest HP firmware and W10M build (insider fast)

The Cortana app is OK but i don't find "hey Cortana" in settings

An idea to help me ?

saloei

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
If you're looking for "hey Cortana" settings under SETTINGS, you're not going to find it. You have to open Cortana, tap on the hamburger menu(three horizontal lines) located at top left, and select SETTINGS from there. This is where Cortana settings are located.

Corwin_Amber

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I would guess it is only available in english. My inquiries / questions regarding the same problem for a german device have been ignored, unfortunately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa