Elite x3 freezes every text

Jf.Vigor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm on release preview. I would recommend not updating. I've had my elite x3 for 4 or 5 days now on this new update. You guys know how sometimes an update's bugs don't show their ugly head until after a few days (idk how coding works, so I cant explain why that happens... but I've been involved with beta OS tests since Blackberry Bold days and I've seen it since then!)?

Well my HP Elite x3 becomes completely unresponsive mostly when I utilize messaging app. It's pretty bad guys. I mean I've had to soft reset my phone 15-20 times in the past 5 hours. I'm calling it the curse of 10/18.

DON'T UPDATE TO RELEASE PREVIEW. It'll make your phone useless.

That is all

Jf.Vigor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I turned off iris scanner just to see if it did anything... And I'm, so far so good. Will let u guys know if the issue comes back

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I'm on release preview. I would recommend not updating. I've had my elite x3 for 4 or 5 days now on this new update. You guys know how sometimes an update's bugs don't show their ugly head until after a few days (idk how coding works, so I cant explain why that happens... but I've been involved with beta OS tests since Blackberry Bold days and I've seen it since then!)?

Well my HP Elite x3 becomes completely unresponsive mostly when I utilize messaging app. It's pretty bad guys. I mean I've had to soft reset my phone 15-20 times in the past 5 hours. I'm calling it the curse of 10/18.

That is all

Release Preview (build 14393.321) is the same as Production (14393.321)

Shoot, I'm running RS2 on my main Elite x3 (active ATT SIM) and do not have stability problems.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I updated to 14946 last week. Worked for two days then went into a freeze state. Only way out was WDRT.

Sticking with 14393, as I've had zero issues.

Sent from mTalk

Jf.Vigor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Originally posted by Daniel Rubino
Originally Posted by Jf.Vigor

That is all

Release Preview (build 14393.321) is the same as Production (14393.321)

Shoot, I'm running RS2 on my main Elite x3 (active ATT SIM) and do not have stability problems.

I don't know sir. All I can say is that it was a horrid experience until I disabled the iris scanner. Fingerprint works admirably well anyway. I feel strange to be the only person to report this. Let's see if anyone else experiences the same dealio

Jf.Vigor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ugh issue came back. I refuse to believe I'm the only person with this ******* issue.

Edit: I switchd to using Skype as my default SMS provider. Seemed fine at first then my phone kept freezing up. Even the moment it's rebooted, it freezes the **** up. It has to do wit telephony no doubt. Anytime a text is received.

Kogling

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
had several freezes over last couple of days typically when trying to write in an app of some sort (whatsapp, etc) on standard build (no preview). Also made a thread couple days ago about overheating... /freezing in continuum and out.

wpuserto

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Purchased it from the Microsoft Store last Thursday. Not on an insider build. The phone locks up after sending a text message or whatsapp message and I have to reset. It's so frustrating!

gvettori

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi, have the same issue with phone freezing from the start, did all the updates including the new firmware xxxx.xxxx.0018.0105. Also phone shuts down by itself randomly. Have switched off all banner notifications except email. Will see if the problem persists. Pls let me know if solutions are found.
Thanks, George

wpuserto

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I've used WDRT three times because it became unbearable. It would work for about a day if that and the cycle starts all over again. When responding to texts or whatsapp messages, viewing YouTube videos, it freezes and boots me back to the home screen. Trying to open apps results in a loading screen and then back to the home screen before it freezes. I don't have any solutions, I'm running the latest builds & firmware (non insider).

David Mk1

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
No freezing here but lost the ability to text all together. Can't understand how something so universally solid for every phone\OS in the work can be causing any sort of issues with Microsoft developers. Sad.

wpuserto

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
It's difficult to pin point it seems to happen when I'm texting back and forth with someone. It seems like the phone can't handle the multiple tasks and just freezes.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
It's difficult to pin point it seems to happen when I'm texting back and forth with someone. It seems like the phone can't handle the multiple tasks and just freezes.
I'd run it bare bones for a week and see if it crashes. Wipe it with wdrt, no restore from backup, and don't install any apps if you can. Otherwise use hp diag/hw tool and check things out. Could be anything happening to it. Every time it crashes though, it's going to do a dump of the crash data. It then will attempt to upload it to Microsoft depending on how your privacy/feedback settings are configured. It's under the year warranty so still call hp, unless you think trying those other suggestions may help...

sent by mTalk

gvettori

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi All, my freezing issues seems resolved by not restoring from another Microsoft windows phone, but setting up as new phone and then logging in to the Microsoft account.

Corwin_Amber

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Always the best way. When I went from 950XL to Elite X3, I did this as well. Side by side, not going to become any easier. At least this is best practise for all platforms :)

wpuserto

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
So I wiped the phone and did not restore from my back ups. It's not freezing as much but I'm still experiencing the random freezes. Today was particularly bad where I would go to wake up my phone just to realize it had frozen. I experienced a problem today where when I'm typing a text message I wouldn't be able to type or go back it would just freeze. Oddly enough the cursor in the text message box would still be flashing but nothing works except a reboot. I'm finding this to be very frustrating, not sure if it's my phone or the operating system. Think I might head to the Microsoft Store tomorrow to exchange the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium