Issues with Viber on Elite X3

MKD_Bitola

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

I am loving my new Elite X3 except for one issue. I can't place or receive calls through Viber.

First I tried with WiFi and also with headphone and it made no difference.

I have a secondary phone which is a Nokia Lumia 1520 with Windows 10 Mobile and also has Viber installed. When I call the HP Elite X3 through Viber from my Nokia, I answer the call on the HP and still have no sound. On the HP Viber shows that I have answered and has the minute counter going, but on the Nokia that I am calling from it still shows that the phone is ringing and not that I have answered the call from the HP phone.

I tested this further by having a friend call my HP through Viber with their Android phone and I answered the call. While it shows that I answered on my HP, my friends phone kept ringing like I never answered.

I tried the other way around by calling my Nokia from my HP through Viber and when I answer the Nokia the minute counter starts on both phones, but after about 7 seconds the Nokia shows that the call was disconnected and trying to reconnect while beeping, while the HP?s minute counter continues and still displays connected.

I opened a ticket with Viber support, but after an immediate initial response, I have received nothing for two days.

I would appreciate any help as I am a frequent Viber user.

MKD_Bitola

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
No, Viber has said that they will try to resolve it ASAP.

Please open a ticket with Viber support. The more tickets, the sooner the problem is solved.

AV8

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
Having the same issue. Unable to send or receive Viber voice. Also, no notifications. Text messages OK sans notifications. Skype and Whatsapp working OK. Opened trouble ticket with Viber. Don't know if this is related, but the X3 is also not responding to voice commands when paired to my 2014 Ford Taurus. (950XL worked fine) All else seems to be working OK.

AV8

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
Update: I opened a Viber trouble ticket. Thy were kind enough to get back with me right away. It looks to me like Windows Phone is indeed dead, and I wish I could get my money back for my $800 boat anchor:

"Hello Dave,
Thank you for your reply.
I’m afraid that In order to allocate our limited company resources in the most efficient way possible, we have decided to put any updates for Windows Phone 10 on hold until further notice.
There are no version releases planned in the foreseeable future. We will address this issue if our plans change and a decision is made to release an update.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Riley S.
Viber Support Team
Quick question? Tweet to @ViberHelp"

jes1888

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
You too, Viber!!!!
Oh well... Skype is still available ..

If it works, right now skype is unusable on my elite x3, people can't hear me while using a bt headset, speaker or whatever and my output video on another phone is So freaking choppy that i haven't bothered in opening the stupid app again. It's so sad to see this platform so low, but that's what MS wants.

Sent from mTalk

zdravez

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello, Folks!
Just wanted to report that Viber is working finally on my X3 after the latest HP firmware update (xx.0118).
I am able to initiate and receive video and phone calls using Viber on my phone...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720