HP Elite x3 - SD Card disconnecting?

emmeborn

Elite x3 & Lumia 950XL Champion
May 27, 2013
Visit site
With NFC an TTP off, I have not had a disconnect for almost a week now. Latest Insider build and latest firmware. 64 GB Sandisk card. But still using my 950 XL for the Camera. But miss the fingerprint reader when using it.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
With the latest insider build my 128GB card seems to do fine again. Still hoping for a new firmware though. Still have disconnects when I connect the phone to the computer - but more as in, I can't transfer data from or to the phone. No problem on the 64GB card though, definitly bigger card issue.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I use a 200gb card. Even with the latest insider build, I still get the random disconnects. No commonality that I can find in config or process. I am now working with an upper level support person at HP and have supplied a lot of logs captured on the phone when the disconnect happens. Hopefully they can isolate it and fix.

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I use a 200gb card. Even with the latest insider build, I still get the random disconnects. No commonality that I can find in config or process. I am now working with an upper level support person at HP and have supplied a lot of logs captured on the phone when the disconnect happens. Hopefully they can isolate it and fix.

I have been working with upper level support for months, provided tons of logs and have had nothing come from it...
I think I was escalated to developers and "upper level" back in early January or end of December.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I have been working with upper level support for months, provided tons of logs and have had nothing come from it...
I think I was escalated to developers and "upper level" back in early January or end of December.

Well that's disappointing. I think it's time I requested a refund. I'm starting to believe the phone will never have this issue resolved.

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Well that's disappointing. I think it's time I requested a refund. I'm starting to believe the phone will never have this issue resolved.

I actually did request one. Since then I haven't heard from them.
Prior to that they would respond pretty quickly (within a day or two).

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I actually did request one. Since then I haven't heard from them.
Prior to that they would respond pretty quickly (within a day or two).

Probably getting either swamped with complaints or they are doing everything they can to fix it? Not sure but silence is never a good sign. But surely they can fix this? It got introduced in one of the firmwares, it definitly didn't happed at the launch of this device...

That being said, I'm staying on my 950XL for now even though it pains me to say it - but even though I don't have disconnects, I need a phone that works. The auto brightness is driving me crazy and putting it on manual isn't an option for me. Too many issues at this point. I'll make do with less batterylife if I get a working phone in return.

But I'm not going to return the x3 - not yet. Still a shimmer of hope and all that jazz, y'know?

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: SD Card disconnecting?

No issues over a week with a 64gb card. It's card specific, maybe size too. Again, most likely FW related, since my 128gb card worked fine for over three months since purchase.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
From gleaning the thousands of posts both here and on HP support forums, card size is definitely a factor. It affects the larger cards much more. HP Support did try to get me to use a smaller card which I cannot do as I need the storage space and I dont feel I should have to do that in the first place.

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
i'm currently working with hp tech support on this problem too. they want to use the field doctor app to collect logs while the problem occurs. of course prior to contacting them, it was happening all the time. now that i want it to happen so i can send them the logs, it doesn't =P

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
has anyone who has had this problem, has getting a new unit ever fixed it for anyone? i know some folks have said they've had it on multiple sets, but i'm wondering if maybe its just poor quality control, so just curious if its worked for anyone, while still using the same SD card, etc.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
has anyone who has had this problem, has getting a new unit ever fixed it for anyone? i know some folks have said they've had it on multiple sets, but i'm wondering if maybe its just poor quality control, so just curious if its worked for anyone, while still using the same SD card, etc.

Hasn't for me.

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

My new tray arrived this morning and my 128gb ScanDisk Ultra Plus is still not being discovered. Under storage, I only have the device hard drive being shown...microSD card is not listed :(.

Did anyone get this to work with a new sim tray??

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I got my new tray about four months ago. Prior to that I was getting disconnected about once a month now it has only happened two times in four months so better but not completely gone

No problem recognizing the SanDisk 128 GB card

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Spoke to a tech from HP. He is mailing me a replacement unit from HP directly and hopefully this should work out. He is not sure if there is something with Microsoft in how they are stocking these units (maybe leading to the sim tray having contact issues with sim/microSD cards.

I will keep this new tray which was mailed to me earlier to make sure the replacement device has the new tray design. Will be getting the phone tomorrow. Hopefully this works.

Also, are people having this issue with purchasing from HP directly. Or is it only people who bought from the Microsoft Store that is having these issues?

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Spoke to a tech from HP. He is mailing me a replacement unit from HP directly and hopefully this should work out. He is not sure if there is something with Microsoft in how they are stocking these units (maybe leading to the sim tray having contact issues with sim/microSD cards.

I will keep this new tray which was mailed to me earlier to make sure the replacement device has the new tray design. Will be getting the phone tomorrow. Hopefully this works.

Also, are people having this issue with purchasing from HP directly. Or is it only people who bought from the Microsoft Store that is having these issues?

Mine was purchased directly through HP, got 4 different sim trays and a replacement device. None of it changed anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99