Possibly going for warranty - SIM slot

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
After working fine for several weeks, I started getting an annoying "no SIM inserted" message intermittently. I only have the one SIM (my other is in my Iphone), so I switched SIM slots. No luck.

Also, when it would get this message, my cell data would turn off. I'd have to manually turn it back on.

Last night, I backed up and restored to my 950xl.

I'll call HP and see what they say.

jes1888

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Apparently this is the infamous sim,sd card tray being defective. I have 48 hours with this phone and with everything I've read i wanna return it already and get a freaking iphone 7. I've been with this platform since early days but late news have been painful and disappointing to watch.

Originally posted by PerfectReign
After working fine for several weeks, I started getting an annoying "no SIM inserted" message intermittently. I only have the one SIM (my other is in my Iphone), so I switched SIM slots. No luck.

Also, when it would get this message, my cell data would turn off. I'd have to manually turn it back on.

Last night, I backed up and restored to my 950xl.

I'll call HP and see what they say.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I'll see what happens. Fortunately, I still have my 950xl.

As for Iphone - ugh. I really tried to like it. The UI is just too unintuitive. I made a concerted effort the past month to use my Iphone 6s daily.

As much as android annoys me, I'd probably go with that.

Sent from mTalk

Team Corsair

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
I had a reboot issue with my first x3, got in touch with Hp, maybe 15 minutes describing what I had done and they just asked for my address. Literally the next day ot arrived (started talking with Hp at 0230, shipping from TX to WA) The new one wouldnt accept any SIM I had and eventually fixed the reboot issue, so I'm returning my replacement. So my $0.02, they still haven't fixed it from the factory.

Sent from mTalk

jes1888

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, if I where to choose between the 2 evils,I would go with apple, have tried both but I think apple is a little bit more appropriate since I already have an iPad, which I tolerate :/. Windows is my #1 choice but this phone doesn't makes me feel safe with these problems, plus Windows Mobile situation overall, then supposedly hp will release something like this for average consumer which I think will be better, because I hate the stupid camera sounds and the fact that I can't turn em off and I'll still on my 30 day return window well, it's tempting. Dunno what to do, still giving this phone a chance. Till now,I like it, but still I have a weird feeling about it...

ryanruzz

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
This is Funny, I had the device myself for about 2 months and during Christmas device was completely unusable because of this sim error issue. The phone actually works without issue when no sim is inserted, but then it's not a phone. I am now free of this device and looking to join apple again due to the experience I had. It makes you see that as much as apple is a cult and have millions of I-Sheep's that pay through the nose for their devices, when you want some stuff to work it should just work.
Making phone calls and accessing apps like snapchat, whatsapp is basic to all devices these days no matter what price point you enter at or the eco system of your choosing. Somehow Apple does the basic better or until Microsoft work out the bugs 4 years later. So basically what I am saying is back to Apple and android for now, possibly permanently. Now I look back and wondered why or why did I even get this HP phone????

Keep it up Microsoft and HP it may be last device made my both companies that I use. My advise to you sir, is push for a refund. Use the fact that they know about the issue with the milling of the sim tray/sim slot to get it done. My refund was successful and my device was bought through ebay, replaced by HP, refunded by HP.

Just my 2 Cents

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I am now free of this device and looking to join apple again due to the experience I had. It makes you see that as much as apple is a cult and have millions of I-Sheep's that pay through the nose for their devices,
HaHa!

I really tried to use an Iphone for the past month. I gave it back to my work yesterday because they needed it. (Staff use an Iphone only ESRI application for tracking field staff in relation to work sites) I stand by my statements that the UI is horrid and that the usability is terrible. I like the design of the hardware but the software - ugh! No one was able to tell me how to attach files to an email. And getting rid of that stupid zoom in effect on the home page was a nightmare.

(And this from a person who owns an Apple IIe, a Mac SE/30 and a Mac LC.) If the Iphone 8 works out with a better UI, I may change then.

In any case, I used my 950xl yesterday. It is actually nicer than I remembered. Good screen (though small), pretty fast, FANTASTIC camera, dedicated hardware button, glance, and it works with Continuum.

HP overnighted me the new SIM tray. I put it in and am up and running. I missed the 6" screen already.

So, here's a snapshot of the old SIM tray and new SIM tray. When I talked to HP yesterday, they stated teh new trays had "UP" imprinted. Sure enough, they do.

HP_elite_x3_SIM_tray.jpg

jes1888

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
So, is there any difference between the two? Can you do a comparison? Is the phone working now as it should? Mine is staying to reboot itself as expected :/ . I'm gonna have to call hp soon...

jfavellanedab

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
HaHa!

I really tried to use an Iphone for the past month. I gave it back to my work yesterday because they needed it. (Staff use an Iphone only ESRI application for tracking field staff in relation to work sites) I stand by my statements that the UI is horrid and that the usability is terrible. I like the design of the hardware but the software - ugh! No one was able to tell me how to attach files to an email. And getting rid of that stupid zoom in effect on the home page was a nightmare.

(And this from a person who owns an Apple IIe, a Mac SE/30 and a Mac LC.) If the Iphone 8 works out with a better UI, I may change then.

In any case, I used my 950xl yesterday. It is actually nicer than I remembered. Good screen (though small), pretty fast, FANTASTIC camera, dedicated hardware button, glance, and it works with Continuum.

HP overnighted me the new SIM tray. I put it in and am up and running. I missed the 6" screen already.

So, here's a snapshot of the old SIM tray and new SIM tray. When I talked to HP yesterday, they stated teh new trays had "UP" imprinted. Sure enough, they do.

View attachment 133521

I called HP and they agree to send me (overnight) the NEW sim tray in order to solve the problem. They already now about it (the disconnection problem) and has the new sim tray available to ship just in case you need it.

HP Elite x3 Support
1-800-277-8988

they are located in New Mexico.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb