How does the dual SIM work on the HP Elite x3?

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi there. My wife is thinking of getting an HP Elite x3 to use the dual SIM functionality for work / personal calls. Does anyone use that functionality and how does it work in terms of making outgoing calls - i.e. how do you select which one to use for making calls / sending text messages. Also, how does it work for incoming calls and text messages. Finally, which data plan does the phone use from which SIM.

Many thanks in advance,

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used dual sim yet but I believe you'll get two phone tiles and two sms tiles. In settings you'll be able to choose which card to use for data. There's also a setting to combine the tiles. Might be a video on this somewhere.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Like kurtd said, you get 2 tiles for each SIM. Phone 1 and 2, Messaging 1 and 2, but you can combine the two together, but it might be a bit confusing. Only SIM no.1 can be used for data I believe. It's not that complicated really :)

Hope that helps

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Exactly. You have two SIM tiles. As you can see in the image below,y device has a SIM 1 (personal on T-Mobile) and SIM2 (work on AT&T) tile on the screen.

Data can only be one SIM or the other.
2ocjJYx.jpg

Sent from mTalk

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Also, check that it isn't like the 950 XL in that the dual sim XL only runs at 4G(LTE) CAT 4 whereas the single sim version can reach CAT 6. Since my city has CAT 6 available, this is important to consider to avoid a slow connection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte