04-05-2017 06:30 PM
33 12
tools
    Well, I ended up returning my X3. It was a tough call to make because it is a very powerful device, just with its own share of shortcomings. The Lumia 950XL is back to being my go-to Windows phone when want to toss a SIM in one.
    As long as you have what works best for you. Nothing wrong with that.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    libra89 likes this.
    03-26-2017 03:58 PM
    Well, I ended up returning my X3. It was a tough call to make because it is a very powerful device, just with its own share of shortcomings. The Lumia 950XL is back to being my go-to Windows phone when want to toss a SIM in one.
    Probably going to do the same this week. Just need to take a day and not worry with the decision, then sit down and think it through.

I really like the x3 and it gets a lot right. It's just missing a few features that I have grown accustomed to with the 950XL. If the 950XL ever bites the dust, I'll likely make the move to HP. But with the 950XL still alive and kicking, the choice is less clear-cut.
    03-26-2017 04:07 PM
    Probably going to do the same this week. Just need to take a day and not worry with the decision, then sit down and think it through.

I really like the x3 and it gets a lot right. It's just missing a few features that I have grown accustomed to with the 950XL. If the 950XL ever bites the dust, I'll likely make the move to HP. But with the 950XL still alive and kicking, the choice is less clear-cut.
    This is the first time I have ever returned a device. It was just hard for me to justify the expense with the relatively small improvements. At the end of the day I think the issues left are mostly software based no matter what device we are on.

I already have a spare battery for the 950XL so I can keep it ticking for a long time still if I want to.
    03-26-2017 04:26 PM
    The battery life on the X3 is much better then on my 950 XL. I have plenty of battery left at night in my X3 but almost no left in the 950 XL. So with the 950 XL a spare battery is definetly needed to get through a busy day without charging.
    I am sticking with my X3, feels so much better in build quality, but absolutely keeping my 950 XL alive for when I know I will be taking a lot of pictures, that camera is without compare the best.
    03-27-2017 03:26 AM
    I am back on my BlackBerry DTEK60 for now. I may order an LG V20 on sale since my carrier has it on sale now.

But I get aggravated with Android. Right now I am dealing with the phone staying awake at all times, even with screen off. I have uninstalled recent apps but issue persists. Maybe I'll be back sooner than than I expected. Haha.
    03-29-2017 10:42 AM
    When two SIMs are inserted, does the non-active data SIM have access to voice and text over 3G?
    Yes, that works fine. My 2nd SIM is AT&T.

For those of you on T-Mobile primarily, I'm guessing that Band 12 is not usable as the device will not use VoLTE? Or has anyone confirmed Band 12 to be working?
    Never even tried. My personal SIM (SIM 1) is with T-Mobile and I've not seen any option for VoLTE.

Does visual voicemail work on both SIMs?QUOTE=mryan55;3640117]When two SIMs are inserted, does the non-active data SIM have access to voice and text over 3G?
    Yes, that works fine. My 2nd SIM is AT&T.

For those of you on T-Mobile primarily, I'm guessing that Band 12 is not usable as the device will not use VoLTE? Or has anyone confirmed Band 12 to be working?
    Never even tried. My personal SIM (SIM 1) is with T-Mobile and I've not seen any option for VoLTE.

Does visual voicemail work on both SIMs?
    Yes. No issues. Enjoy the device, stay out of the insider builds for now, and update the firmware.

Yes. No issues. Enjoy the device, stay out of the insider builds for now, and update the firmware.
    04-01-2017 10:43 AM
    As far as a holster, I'd strongly recommend the Nite Ize XL horizontal holster. Some Home Depot stores carry them ins stock and it accomodates the x3 with ease. You can always order them from Amazon too. The one Home Depot carries is rugged and available in black and cammo. There is a leather version available from Amazon, as well as a vertical XL holster.
    04-05-2017 06:40 AM
    As far as a holster, I'd strongly recommend the Nite Ize XL horizontal holster. Some Home Depot stores carry them ins stock and it accomodates the x3 with ease. You can always order them from Amazon too. The one Home Depot carries is rugged and available in black and cammo. There is a leather version available from Amazon, as well as a vertical XL holster.
    Awesome, thanks for the holster recommendation. I will check into it... all of my local Home Depot stores stock it so I'll go check it out at some point.

Not that the x3 needs much protection but do you also use the holster with any of the other TPU cases that are out there? Or just keep it naked in the in the holster?
    04-05-2017 06:30 PM
33 12