Hubby needs a vacation!

barbaram

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have been diagnosed with a rotten, stupid brain tumor. My husband has really been there for me, but the whole care taking thing is wearing. Before I got sick he and the guys in family had been planning a back to the woods camping trip.

I want him to take this vacation. I will get a home care worker and all will be well, except... my Nokia 925 is dying (of old age) and hubby refuses to leave unless the phone situation is resolved

I think I want the elite x3 ...my terror in life tight now is falling and this is a famously rugged phone. I assume I will spend tons of time dragged to gills and this phone has tons of storage fort music and podcasts

The only thing that scares me is this ...they say the phone can fail after taking a pic. I'm not sure what that means exactly. If I take a picture then fall will the phone work at all, can I call 911? I have house phones, but I really need my cell

Thanks so much

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I have been diagnosed with a rotten, stupid brain tumor. My husband has really been there for me, but the whole care taking thing is wearing. Before I got sick he and the guys in family had been planning a back to the woods camping trip.

I want him to take this vacation. I will get a home care worker and all will be well, except... my Nokia 925 is dying (of old age) and hubby refuses to leave unless the phone situation is resolved

I think I want the elite x3 ...my terror in life tight now is falling and this is a famously rugged phone. I assume I will spend tons of time dragged to gills and this phone has tons of storage fort music and podcasts

The only thing that scares me is this ...they say the phone can fail after taking a pic. I'm not sure what that means exactly. If I take a picture then fall will the phone work at all, can I call 911? I have house phones, but I really need my cell

Thanks so much

First of all, I am sorry to hear about your medical condition and wish you the very best!

Perhaps someone with an x3 can chime in but it sounds like a pretty rugged phone.
What about something smaller to carry around for emergencies, even a 640 would work, and then a tablet for music, surfing (windows central of course) and other such things? I'm just thinking the x3 might be difficult for you to carry everywhere.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site

Thanks so much

First, here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

Second, I've had the x3 for the better part of two weeks and have yet to have the phone crash after snapping a picture. I want to say that was an issue a few updates ago, but could be wrong.

As far as build quality goes, HP did it right. The x3's build quality reminds me of how the old Lumia 900 felt - like a tank. But with the x3 you don't have the weight the Lumia 900 had. The sides are polished and curved to help mask the larger size and the weight is nicely distributed.

If you are coming from the 925 and want a larger screen, its hard to go wrong with the Elite x3 or maybe even the 950 XL.

Good luck and best of luck with the recovery.

barbaram

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey thanks, I have a surface pro 2. I am officially "homebound" who knew there was such a category!! they pulled my license so I can't leave without help, so I don't think the size matters. Towards the end, I think that I might not want to bother with glasses, so the size I think will be good

barbaram

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey George, you have made me so happy.

I expect that I will be writing the all important handicapped person review in a week or so. Now where is my chard card?

emmeborn

Elite x3 & Lumia 950XL Champion
May 27, 2013
Visit site
You can absolutely go for the X3, feels much sturdier then my 950 XL. Great phones both of them though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos