Creators Update for the X3

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Based on the pattern of prior OS updates on the x3, is every one expecting the update to roll out more or less on schedule on April 25th? Has HP been relatively on-the-ball to get updates out in a timeframe close to updates on Lumia devices? Just curious. With firmware update issues on insider builds I'm guessing that many of you aren't on insider builds...

Just curious as to your thoughts!

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I don't think HP controls the update. Unlike Samsung or LG, who have their own versions of Android, the OS is 100% Microsoft.

Sent from mTalk

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I wasn't sure if HP was making any tweaks to the OS before release, didn't think that would be the case but wasn't sure. I imagine that the people who might be stuck without updates are those AT&T customers with a carrier-branded L950?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I wasn't sure if HP was making any tweaks to the OS before release, didn't think that would be the case but wasn't sure. I imagine that the people who might be stuck without updates are those AT&T customers with a carrier-branded L950?

Not even them. They might be waiting for a few days but as long as the update doesn't mess with firmware or radio stacks ATT can't hold the update back.

ScottM2753

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by mryan55
Based on the pattern of prior OS updates on the x3, is every one expecting the update to roll out more or less on schedule on April 25th? Has HP been relatively on-the-ball to get updates out in a timeframe close to updates on Lumia devices? Just curious. With firmware update issues on insider builds I'm guessing that many of you aren't on insider builds...

Just curious as to your thoughts!

HP has nothing to do with the OS updates, they only do their own firmware update which is a completely separate thing.

EuroKnuter

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure since this is unlocked that AT&T will have nothing to do with the update either. We should be some of the first to get the update - but that's based on previous rollouts.

It also assumes you're not running insider builds either and already have it ;)

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
No insider builds on my x3, although I had might as well start using them since I've had to do a few hard resets in the last week on regular releases.

I mess with the insider builds on my Lumia 950XL though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss