Begging at this point...

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
The saga of my wifes X3 continues. Today she arrived home from the gym and her, now 3rd, X3 was completely unresponsive. Didnt even light the charge light when the charger was inserted. What the hell guys!!?? I have not once had this happen to mine, had it since the beginning of March. Even if she turned it off by mistake, it will wake up when the charger is inserted.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
The saga of my wifes X3 continues. Today she arrived home from the gym and her, now 3rd, X3 was completely unresponsive. Didnt even light the charge light when the charger was inserted. What the hell guys!!?? I have not once had this happen to mine, had it since the beginning of March. Even if she turned it off by mistake, it will wake up when the charger is inserted.

Does she run the battery really low?

Many devices can't initiate charge mode if the power is too low. Ideally one shouldn't run a lithium battery less than 15% anyway, but occasionally this causes issues with tablets and phones, the battery being too low, to initiate the charging mode.

My tablet, which I've had for a year had this once. I had to leave it 24 hours on the charge, with 2.6 amps, and it came back to life.

If she does run it real low - Make sure the charger is high amps (2.5 or similar or fastcharge), and leave it for awhile see if that sparks it back up (like hours). Plugging and uplugging repeatedly works for some devices (where light comes on, and then goes off again). That probably won't work in this case.

That's all I can think of. But as someone who works with mobile devices, I've actually seen this a lot. I can usually get them to come back to life with a bit of tinkering.

The other thing is the cable. Cables on 2.0 at least, "go bad", the pins bend in, and the wiring inside the cable get weak. Not sure if this applies to usb-c though.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I've "trained" her in the battery part, this happens even when the battery is nearly full. No rhyme or reason. No matter the build since she's had it, release, slow, or fast.

emmeborn

Elite x3 & Lumia 950XL Champion
May 27, 2013
Visit site
I sometimes have connection issues with the chargercable, when using the one I got with my 950 XL. I have to connect it a couple of times for it to work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes