Was just reading Daniel's review of the HP Spectre x360. Agree with him on most points, and man, it looks awesome.

Quick question for anyone with the laptop... do you feel you get solid value for your money here? I mean with all the features it packs in, for the price is seems solid to me, but would like to hear from owners here in the community if possible!
    12-02-2016 03:54 PM
    I have two friends that have it , they are disappointed that it doesn't have pen support and regret didn't getting the SP 4
    12-02-2016 06:26 PM
    I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum---I have a Surface Pro 3 but am looking forward to using a more traditional laptop again (but without losing the ability to use it like a tablet!). I just ordered the Spectre x360 from HP last week, so I haven't received it yet, but from all the research I've done it does seem to be a great value! I certainly won't miss the lack of pen, since I barely used it with the SP3, but that's not to say it isn't a useful tool for others!

I'll post back more about the x360 when I finally get it in my hands :)
    Last edited by cicconej; 01-29-2017 at 03:02 AM.
    01-28-2017 09:20 PM
    Have had SP4, Surface Book, and still have an SP3 alongside this thing. There isn't much to complain about other than the resolution. The screen is still very sharp unless you're directly comparing it to a surface. I did reduce the text to %125.

The x360 flies, the form factor is awesome and I love the keyboard. The track pad can act funny but its still good. Overall, other than the prestige of having a surface, I think this thing is my favorite.
    02-04-2017 10:00 PM
    2017 Spectre x360 includes the pen now. 15 and 13".
    02-12-2017 02:15 PM
    I finally got my x360 last week, and yep, it's pretty awesome . Windows Hello is a little glitchy at times, but that's my only complaint so far!
    02-20-2017 10:49 PM
    Have had SP4, Surface Book, and still have an SP3 alongside this thing. There isn't much to complain about other than the resolution. The screen is still very sharp unless you're directly comparing it to a surface. I did reduce the text to %125.

The x360 flies, the form factor is awesome and I love the keyboard. The track pad can act funny but its still good. Overall, other than the prestige of having a surface, I think this thing is my favorite.
    If I went this route, I'd be comparing to an SP2. Your comment of your only complaint being the resolution has my interest piqued. What of the resolution do you find lacking in this sized machine? I intend to run this with an external monitor when stuck at my desk.

I haven't ruled out going with a 15" machine (likely XPS) but the light weight, really nice spec, plus all day battery life is really compelling.
    03-12-2017 11:16 PM
    If I went this route, I'd be comparing to an SP2. Your comment of your only complaint being the resolution has my interest piqued. What of the resolution do you find lacking in this sized machine? I intend to run this with an external monitor when stuck at my desk.

I haven't ruled out going with a 15" machine (likely XPS) but the light weight, really nice spec, plus all day battery life is really compelling.
    It's a much lower PPi than the Surface line at 1080p. And windows just doesn't always look as crisp. You can see pixelated edged and things like that. The track pad is also far worse than the precision track pads on the SP4 keyboard or the Surface Book. It's still an extremely nice laptop. I'd still say for the value its tough to beat. I would go with the darker color. As some reviews point out, the silver keys get washed out and sometimes the backlight actiallg makes it harder to see the letter.
    03-19-2017 10:39 PM
    I finally got my x360 last week, and yep, it's pretty awesome . Windows Hello is a little glitchy at times, but that's my only complaint so far!
    @cicconej - how are you liking it?
    03-19-2017 11:09 PM
    I just got the 15" x360 last week or two weeks ago and so far I'm loving this machine. I personally wouldn't mind if the screen wasn't 4K but it's nice to have nonetheless. I find that I can only 'right-click' in the very bottom right corner of the trackpad. Click anywhere else and it's a left click. This is annoying but it's something I just have to get used to. The computer is pretty good at gaming and CAD surprisingly.
    03-26-2017 02:59 AM
    I just got the 15" x360 last week or two weeks ago and so far I'm loving this machine. I personally wouldn't mind if the screen wasn't 4K but it's nice to have nonetheless. I find that I can only 'right-click' in the very bottom right corner of the trackpad. Click anywhere else and it's a left click. This is annoying but it's something I just have to get used to. The computer is pretty good at gaming and CAD surprisingly.
    I bought a Spectre x360 15" 2 weeks ago and I love everything except the noisy space bar. Everything else is great.

I'd like to suggest to just tapping the trackpad with your fingers instead of pressing on it to get it to click. If you tap on it with one finger twice, it will select and you can actually drag something. If you tap on it once with 2 fingers it will right click. No need to click the track pad at all. I either tap once or twice with one finger or 2 fingers for all my computing needs.
    03-27-2017 12:43 AM
    Yeah I've done that a few times but I'm coming from a laptop that didn't have this feature (as far as I know; I haven't used track pads much because I'm mostly a wireless mouse user). So it's mostly just force of habit.
    03-27-2017 11:37 AM
    I totally understand that. I rarely touch my screen because it is my first touch screen computer and I'm not used to doing it yet.
    03-28-2017 04:21 AM