Installing apps to external SD

lokhor

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

i have the HP Stream 7 and have put in a Strontium 64GB SDXC which is working fine.

My question is, is there a way of installing apps from the store to the external SD since the internal memory is so limited?

Cheers

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a T100, and a suitable workaround I've found is to just install your desktop applications to your microSD card or external hard drive. Shunt your media to your microSD card as well, that'll make the transition between device less painful, too.

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site

FuzzyLogician

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
My advice is to just deal with it until Windows 10. Considering WP is already able to install apps to an external source, it seems to be a sure thing that Windows 10, in all of its forms, will let you do the same.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
My advice is to just deal with it until Windows 10. Considering WP is already able to install apps to an external source, it seems to be a sure thing that Windows 10, in all of its forms, will let you do the same.

That's kinda a tough pill to swallow seeing that Windows 10 is still so far away. Life is not gonna stand still till that happens. The most I can recommend is similar to what a previous poster stated. If you use any desktop apps, install them to the SD card. Also, store all your media files to external drive. Make use of Onedrive as much as possible. Only store files that you frequently use locally. For those that you infrequently else, store on Onedrive. For devices with such limited onboard storage, one has to get creative with file management. Oh btw, I got two of these tablets..so I can definitely relate. Cheers 🍻

BeyondtheTech

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Considering reports they've also shut it off (or never enabled it) in the Windows 10 Technical Preview, I'm not too hopeful they're going to bring that option back. This is like dealing with Android devices and their lack of app space. Do they not trust users who want to leave the MicroSD card in the slot full-time?

zhris

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

mblanc22

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Hey wats up guys am knew to this helping thing, but this is what i did. If you guys got a MicroSD card 128gb,64,gb,18gb,12gb,8gb,4gb, or even 2gb. Mostly 128gb is the best. You go to search by moving your finger on the corner from right to left upon doing so, press the search bar. In the search bar you would write Regedit and press enter. You will then look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx key. When you reach Appx click on PackpageRoot and then go to edit and then Permissions. In permission you will go to advanced and change the owner at the top. In the empty box you will write Administrator and then you will check names. After that you will go to advanced and look for administrator with an "S", administrators. after that you will check the box underneath owner. Do it for all of them there, then you press ok. The system is going to try to allow you to open the folder, when the folder opens move the entire folder inside the MicroSD card

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven