take a screen shot on my HP Stream 7

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I believe from the top of my head you have to press windows button (on the bottom of the screen) and then the volume down button on the device to take a screenshot on windows 8 tablet, I don't have one to at hand to check.

Once the screenshot is taken, it would be saved in the photo app.

Last edited:

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I've tried every possible button combination I can remember when it comes to Windows tablets.. Nothing works..whoever figures this out be sure to tell us.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
That too doesn't work. What I do is bring up the Charms Menu and choose the Share option . Tap the first option at the top allow you to take a screenshot to share. I just share it to OneNote and grab the pic from there.

That's interesting, I don't suppose you can get into bios to check key configurations?

Because it sounds like you have a faulty tablet...

AceCat23

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
1) Swipe from the Right edge to the left
2) Select Share
3) Tap the Drop Down
4) Select Screen Shot
5) Choose the app you want to send the screen shot with
Its the only way I know of as of right now

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Press your Windows Button just ahead of your Vol - the screen dims and it's done. Your Tablet will then make a Folder named Screenshots (If it isn't already there), and you will find all your caps there.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Press your Windows Button just ahead of your Vol - the screen dims and it's done. Your Tablet will then make a Folder named Screenshots (If it isn't already there), and you will find all your caps there.

Tried that.. Doesn't work bro.. I've tried on two tablets.. I doubt I got two defective units.. Lol

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
everyone must remember this is a tablet, but it is running full windows, not windows phone. Charms bar is the only way I know with out a prtscn
button.

Budniu

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I found method to take screenshots on HP Stream 7 and save them to disk - it's easy.

We have to have download and install that: app for Windows from the Windows Store

Now, if we doing that: (from forum HP: Re: Issues taking a screenshot on the HP Stream 7 - HP Support Forum - 4751305)
While in an app open the charms bar by swiping from the right. Touch Share, and you should see a dropdown at the top, change this to Screenshot. After that you can choose how to share the screenshot depending on which apps and accounts are set up on your tablet.
we can choose one more option - Chinese name of the installed application.
App automaticaly saves all screenshots in her folder in the Pictures (app creates a folder with Chinese name - you find without difficulty). Now we do not need to send screenshots via Internet because we have them on HDD.
Enjoy

ibg4LYHfg2kTj8.png

Last edited:

clindhartsen

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
everyone must remember this is a tablet, but it is running full windows, not windows phone. Charms bar is the only way I know with out a prtscn
button.
The thing is, the Power + Volume Lower button does work on other Windows tablets, but not the Stream 7.

The only way I've been able to take screenshots is via. the Share charm and sending it to OneNote. Works well enough when I need them writing posts or for other things.

Last edited:

Budniu

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
But why send screens via internet ? And what are you doing if you haven't internet in that moment ? For me, method with the app it's more useful like two posts above.

woodface7

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Useful, thanks. Anyone see an option in the app to save as JPEG?

Or to save to another location? (I tried renaming the folder, but it naturally just recreates the Chinese one.)

Browser screenshot add-ons give these options. My favourite with Chrome is now Fireshot, which lets you save whole page, visible part or selected area. Though these only work in desktop mode, clearly.

woodface7

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Yes, but tried using the snipping tool in Windows (Metro) mode?

There's a hundred screenshot tools for browsers, and some work on non-browser stuff. Like mwSnap, which captured anything you see on your screen from xp through to Win7. What we need is that function for Win8. And Win10.

The Chinese app seems the only way on the Stream 7.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes