HP Stream 7 and Office 365

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I got an HP Stream 7 with a year subscription to Office 365. Am I able to transfer that to another device, like my laptop or phone? If so how?

I like that it give me unlimited OneDrive space, but I would love to use that across all my windows devices. Is that possible? I had an existing OneDrive account before I purchased the 7. Does that mean I can upload unlimited info from only the 7, but my desktop, I am limited to my 25GB?

Thanks,

Mr, V

Chris B42

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
The Office 365 subscription on the HP Stream 7 allows you to use office 365 for one year on 1 tablet (the hp stream 7 itself), 1 laptop / pc and 1 phone. Once you have activated and set up the subscription on the HP stream 7 go to the office 365 website on your laptop / pc, sign in and you can then download the office 365 programmes. I have just set all this up myself this afternoon. The inclusion of this subscription makes the HP Stream excellent value!!

RMansfield

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I was frustrated by the fact that since I already had an Office 365 subscription, I wasn't able to add the personal subscription to it. I could replace my subscription with the personal, but really, who would do that?

In the end I created yet another Microsoft Live ID and placed the Office 365 subscription that came with the Stream 7 under that account. Since I can still use my main ID with OneDrive on the Stream 7, I guess it really doesn't matter which account I have Office under.

daniel_sherlock

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have purchased an stream 7. When you set office 365 up does it ask for you to enter an email?

Cheers

As I have 365 premium I want to see this years free

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

MassDeduction

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I was frustrated by the fact that since I already had an Office 365 subscription, I wasn't able to add the personal subscription to it. I could replace my subscription with the personal, but really, who would do that?

If one already has an Office 365 Personal subscription, how would one would best utilize the subscription that comes with the Stream 7 to renew their subscription for another year? What will happen if you enter a Microsoft Account that already has an Office 365 Personal subscription associated with it. Will it offer to extend it? Any thoughts on that?

chovan

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
If one already has an Office 365 Personal subscription, how would one would best utilize the subscription that comes with the Stream 7 to renew their subscription for another year? What will happen if you enter a Microsoft Account that already has an Office 365 Personal subscription associated with it. Will it offer to extend it? Any thoughts on that?
It will not extend your subscription, it restart the one year counting from the day you set up the office 365. Say if your old subscription ends in Feb 2016, if you set up the office comes with the stream 7 in April, your subscription will end in April 2016.

Celandine

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I have until May 23 to activate my subscribtion so the other day I tried to get it up and running. That's where the problems began.

After pressing the 'activate' button, it took me to another page to sign into my account, then to another where it asked 'country/region' (which I filled in). There was another button for language but it was greyed out. I scrolled to the button and saw there was a green 'Continue' button that said next to it explaining my subscribtion would begin once this was pressed. So I did. And nothiing. No new page came up and it seemed almost like the 'continue' button wasn't working. Anyways, I redid this process a few times with the same results.

Frustrated, I called Microsoft support and was connected to a heavily accented guy who kept trying to tell me to find my key code... To which I kept repeating I didn't have a key code and that this subscription came with the purchase of my Stream 7. This call was a waste of time and got me nowhere.

Anyone know how I can fix this so I can actually use Office 365 on my device?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3