Unable to receive files over Bluetooth

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I don't know if this is phone issue or tablet issue. My phone seems to be able to send files to other devices.

I am trying to send pictures from my 930 to my Stream 7. BT is enabled and they are paired.

However when I try to send, I am met with this error:

wp_ss_20141225_0002.png

I did send an image from my phone to another tablet (Android) and it worked. I then used that tablet to send the to the Stream 7 via BT after they were paired. It failed, but only worked when I went to desktop mode and had to choose 'receive file'. This does not happen with the phone.

Help?

Thanks,

Mr.V

Ceri Jones1

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
When Bluetooth was a new thing (back in the day) I had the same issue, i then discovered that windows will allow you to explore the device via the file explorer, the same should be possible with the stream.

Ill go test it now and see if it will speak to my Xperia Z2.

Ceri Jones1

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
ive tried a few ways while the method ive mentioned works fine on my ancient windows MDA2 phone it wont show the same way on my xperia.

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I don't know if this is phone issue or tablet issue. My phone seems to be able to send files to other devices.

I am trying to send pictures from my 930 to my Stream 7. BT is enabled and they are paired.

However when I try to send, I am met with this error:

View attachment 92193

I did send an image from my phone to another tablet (Android) and it worked. I then used that tablet to send the to the Stream 7 via BT after they were paired. It failed, but only worked when I went to desktop mode and had to choose 'receive file'. This does not happen with the phone.

Help?

Thanks,

Mr.V

Yeah .. That error ..., You have to unpair the receiver device (S7) and pair it again at the same moment you press connect with it from ur Lumia .. It will appear a window on both devices ,accept it in both and send ..
This works only while you use it .. I.e if you turned off the Bluetooth.. And want to send another file you will have to repeat this ..
That errors happened with me when I share files with certain devices .. I dnt knw it may be related to the way that it reads your signal 📶

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

First of all - thanks for helping me out and investigating.

I have a Windows 8 laptop and was getting the same issue. The only work around I could find was after pairing, going to the Windows desktop, selecting the BT icon in the tray and choosing RECEIVE FILE, then sending the file from my Lumia 930. Seems to work consistently on by laptop. Now to test my Stream.

An extra step, but it works...

One would think this would be fine by now....

Mr. V

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

First of all - thanks for helping me out and investigating.

I have a Windows 8 laptop and was getting the same issue. The only work around I could find was after pairing, going to the Windows desktop, selecting the BT icon in the tray and choosing RECEIVE FILE, then sending the file from my Lumia 930. Seems to work consistently on by laptop. Now to test my Stream.

An extra step, but it works...

One would think this would be fine by now....

Mr. V

You're welcomed .. My laptop is like that too .. But this is a privacy setting you can change from the laptop Bluetooth setting, I intentionally made this in the setting to prevent any unknw file transfers ..
My laptop is win. 8.1.1.0
Keep it this is safer ;)

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I am assuming when you choose the 'always accept transfers from this device' it means paired devices....

Hope that is safe....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb