What does the BIOS update sp69957 offer?

haryo

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
My Stream 7 HP Support Assistant app says there is a BIOS update available. File name: sp69957, Ganges/Colorado 1.0 System BIOS Release. Version F.0AAp1. Says it installs on supported netbooks(?) I'm not finding any info as to what it addresses. I'm presently on the F.07 BIOS version.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
From the HP website, it does not list anything under "fix or enhancement" for that bios update, so you may need to contact support chat to find out.

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
After a bad BIOS update experience that nearly bricked my Toshiba, I would recommend the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" rule unless there is some particular benefit the update will offer.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I actually "installed" it on 3 Streams over the weekend. Everything went fine with each of them. Every one of them shows the updated version. And every one of them still says there is a bios update available. Not sure what the deal is but the HP Support Assistant still says that bios update is available to be installed even though I already did.

dnmartin98

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The most notable thing is that it drops the screen refresh rate from 60hz to 53hz. There have been a lot of issues with the audio jack picking up interference from the touchscreen panel and producing a buzzing. This seems to have fixed it. I haven't had any issues with the bios update.

Cheers,

DavidM

alexncfc

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Interesting that you say the BIOS update resolved your audio jack interference problem. I also have had the buzzing/hissing sound through the headphones when an audio sound is played (along with interference when the touch screen is used whilst the audio is playing) and I had been reluctant to update my BIOS but gave it a go after reading this. Sadly it has not solved the issue for me :cry:

jspriddy

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
This was a recommended update on my Stream 8 tablet. It downloaded but would not install. I gave it a good hour or so. Still getting the message. Now it won't even download. Maybe I can live without it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills