Using the Stream 7 as an MP3 Player

misterpunn

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I understand this may be more suited for the general Win8.1 forum, but perhaps I can reach Stream 7 owners here and get a real-world idea of the usability of the tablet.

I'm thinking of buying the Stream 7 to use as a nice mp3 player in my car (which also obviously means I have a decent tablet wherever I go)...

Does anyone know of any good music apps that have swipe controls? I have a surface, but that is RT and therefore I don't have access to the same store, so I was wondering if there are any 8.1 apps that allow you to change the song via swipe.

If not, I guess the screen will be big enough to press the "next song" button anyway. I am envisioning installing the Zune software on here to manage my music anyway!

Blown 89

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
You'll want to either play through bluetooth or hook up a USB DAC to the tablet to play music since the headphone port has quite a bit of noise.

I'm not sure what would work for you as a player. I use Fubar2000 and the native player....neither of which are easy to use while driving.

misterpunn

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so there aren't really any "swipable" music player apps? I would have thought they would have included that in the regular XBox Music app out of common sense, but then again I would have thought they would have done dozens of things differently in the XBox Music app.

And yes, I'll be using Bluetooth and I'll be making a custom magnet rig to hold the tablet (I did that for my 520 and it's sooooo much better than the ugly/bulky car mounts on the market right now.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720