You go first!

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I tried one of the force upgrades (deleting the files and running the elevated command prompt while checking for updates) and mine said it was downloading Windows 10 with the progress bar, then said my PC needed attention before downloading the Windows 10 Insider Preview (weird), and when I clicked to see, it disappeared and said no new updates. Rats.

driazen

Jul 18, 2007
Visit site
It got to the upgrading screens finally!!! Fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed!

Update: It worked! Man 10 runs faster that 8.1 does.

Last edited:

pezhedz

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
I had the icon yesterday and now it's gone. Anyone else experience that? I'm in no rush, but I am enjoying Windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop.

prashp1

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone's Windows 10 activated on HP Stream 7? Mine wasn't activated then, I tried to manually activate and it says it cannot activate.

nightsurf

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Had Icon for last week but it disappeared 28thJuly.
Downloaded ISO Win10-Home-x86 to USB stick.
Plugged into Stream 7.
Mounted ISO.
Ran setup.
Took a long time (Make sure you have full battery) and I had over 9GB free.
All worked fine. Activated Fine.
Activated and no issues.
Running Bluetooth(BT) connected MS BT Mouse and BT Wedge keyboard.
Also connected to MS wireless display adapter.
it upgraded with my Office 365 sub so I still have Office 2013.
Just cleaning old install files and will still have >15GB free :grin:
Wireless also stable.

espana_et

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
After updated the intel graphic deivers i got the windows 10 icon again. After a wild disapear the day of the realease, i got it again. I wish it will update very soon

Captura de pantalla.png

Alex Sawczuk

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Anyone got auto rotation working?

I downloaded the iso as posted above onto a usb flash drive and installed like that. Worked fine runs fine, just auto rotation not working which is a bit annoying.

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I keep downloading and it will show it's getting ready to install and then give errors. It's finally stuck to a consistent error of failed to setup working directory. I tried it without Avast on last night and vaguely remember something about storage, but I was pretty much asleep by then, so I don't know what it was. I cleared the SD card (8 GB) and have almost 4 free.

Edit: apparently something filled up my storage completely along the way, so maybe that's it. Trying to figure out how to clear more space.

Last edited:

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Has anyone else had issues with the onscreen keyboard not appearing?

That happened to me last night. Told Cortana to open the keyboard and she opened the on screen keyboard app, which worked.

I will say that it's incredibly annoying, though. Hope there's a fix soon.

Last edited:

simoncbradley

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Guys, where is the 8.1 accelerometer driver please ? I've taken a good look round the HP pages but cant see it. Does it go under a different formal name ?

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I loaded the tool on my SD card and used the USB for additional space, but it failed a ways in, and reverted back. Oh well. I guess I'll hang on for a while.

Jiffybag

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Just found a post on Reddit that appears to allow the download for me.

1) Click on Start, search for regedit.

2) With regedit open, proceed to the following path. Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\OSUpgrade

3) Right click on the right side window and go to New -> DWORD (32-bit) value

4) Rename the new value to "AllowOSUpgrade" without the " quotations and make sure it is exactly the same as it is case sensitive.

5) Double click on the newly created value AllowOSUpgrade and change the value to 1 with hexidecimal base.

6) Close regedit and run Windows Update again. Windows 10 should pop up and you can then download it.

I'll report back as to whether it works

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Attachments

• 313846.jpg
    313846.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 6

clindhartsen

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Guys, where is the 8.1 accelerometer driver please ? I've taken a good look round the HP pages but cant see it. Does it go under a different formal name ?
There's two drivers which you'll want to install. "Goodix Touch Controller Driver" will re-enable the Start button on the front of the device, and "Kionix G-Sensor Enabling Driver" will re-enable the automatic rotation. If it doesn't seem to work, you may need to uninstall and re-install it, but if the installation works you should see an option in the Display settings to lock or unlock screen rotation.

Jiffybag

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Silly question, but have you checked the rotation lock in the notification menu? (Swipe from the right of the screen (where the charms bar was in Win8)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss