HP Stream 7 with Windows 10 - hard drive too small?

connormcloed

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
HP Stream 7 with windows 10 - hard drive too small

Hi,
recently, I was not able to run a windows update because of partition c: lacked space. This was not the first time and instead of freeing up space each time, I bought a micro sd card with 64GB. I figured out, that extending c: is not possible, because there needs to be a partition on the same hard drive that is being used.

So either, I am creating a raid 0 or transfer drive 1 to drive 2 and change the boot- order in the bios. In either case: the bitlocker will be a problem?

Regards,
Achim

Edit: I was able to boot into the bios and didn't find any way of changing the boot order as well as creating a raid... there are any hidden bios items? How do I solve the space problem?

Last edited:

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: HP Stream 7 with windows 10 - hard drive too small

Creating a mixed media raid is probably NOT going to happen. As far as hidden bios options... probably not.

These 16-32GB devices should have never been released with less than 64GB of storage.

Jiffybag

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site

Have you got a lot of files in your onedrive? It auto saves them to your C: unless you tell it otherwise.

I have fully updated Win10, full Office 2013, 40 odd apps and steam, yet have 7.4GB free.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site

Have you got a lot of files in your onedrive? It auto saves them to your C: unless you tell it otherwise.

I have fully updated Win10, full Office 2013, 40 odd apps and steam, yet have 7.4GB free.

How you liking it on WIndows 10 so far?

Jiffybag

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site

How you liking it on WIndows 10 so far?

Overall, it is pretty good. The only real issue is the wifi drivers causing problems with my wifi dongle, but i think that is a restricted case of quirk.

It felt a lot speedier when first installed, and even now i'm used to it, the only real slowdown is in chrome, but that is a resource hog anyway.

connormcloed

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site

Onedrive it was. Thanks for the hint! :) I changed it from auto- synch all to just one folder.

I like windows 10 a lot, too.

Dave Scarpa

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I agree that it's impractical to update windows 10 on a 32gb drive, why they are still releasing devices with less than 64gb i don't know I sent back a dell optiplex micro pc because of this. I was able to add a FLash drive and get windows update to update my version of Win 10 with it but it was a real pain

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb