Windows 10 messaging on 3G tablets?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of.

Your tablet doesn't have a phone number anyway, does it? And since you have 3G, can't you get away with Skype or maybe some kind of texting solution?

Doods Dumaguing

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of.

Your tablet doesn't have a phone number anyway, does it? And since you have 3G, can't you get away with Skype or maybe some kind of texting solution?

It has. The fact that it has 3G, it uses cellular service through a SIM card. And that SIM has a phone number, unless it does not work that way in other countries? It could not be a hardware limitation as any Android tablet with cell capability works like a phone anyway.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Telephony is an App that is not built into the OS. You are running a desktop version so look for a desktop solution, not a mobile one.

True you have Data and SMS goes over data, but the tablet doesn't have the correct App ready made.

send SMS from PC - Bing

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Actually, SMS is carried by the GSM voice signal which most tablet plans do not have. I've always looked for a mirroring app similar to mySMS (Android phones only) that would work on Windows Phone but I haven't found any. I can't imagine it's a difficult task since the HP TouchPad could send/receive text and phone calls via Bluetooth MAP. My guess is that not enough people want it. I would certainly like that feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven