8S Availability UK

davide445

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Clove Technology and Expansys UK now have availability dates for the 8S (but only the blue)

Clove Technology: 23/11/2012 ?224.99
Expansys 27/11/2012 ?239.99

No idea why Expansys are charging more and shipping later though.

Same for Expansys in Italy, availability November 26th and cost Eu304.99 (?246) + expedition costs. Its the only available in Italy right now.

Considering Expansys ships in Italy from France I don't see the point to receive from there at higher cost, so I pre-ordered in Switzerland where I will anyway travel at the end of November, so I can actually touch it.

immovablesoup

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE:
Clove has changed their 8S listing to read
Black units due end of November. Blue units due 04 December. Red units - no sim-free stock available yet.

Expansys now states "Stock Expected In 2 Days" for the blue model, with the other colours listed as "Pre-order to BE FIRST"

corsica

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
seems they changed that back again, it still says "black: end of november, blue: 04th dec" for me

edit: sorry, misread expansys for clove... let's hope it's true and the 8S is finally being rolled out!

Hammered Pizza

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I'll wait for what Carphone Warehouse and Phones 4U are offering it at. They normally have some pretty good deals on PAYG upgrade - and they'd be able to undercut the internet operators.

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Phones 4U now have the dummy phone in store for you to try as silly as it sounds. I checked it out today and it looks awesome and feels great too. I asked when they will get them in and they said hopefully this week as the HTC rep came last week to brief them on the phone. I also asked if they will allowing the phone to be sold SIM free (because I learned sometimes when a new phone is out and the stock is low they give contract customers priority over people who want it SIM free) but it will cost ?230 SIM free and they have the black and white version exclusively.

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I asked at Phones4U again today and once again they said they will have stock by next Wednesday. I think its silly that they have the dummy phone on display but dont have the stock. Think they are begining to remember me now as Ive been in 4 times!

sejgiul

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Carphone warehouse and Talktalk now have the HTC 8S in stock. ?15 a month at Talktalk is a pretty good deal!

Edit: did not look at other suppliers, but I am sure phones4u will have it too...

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Carphone warehouse and Talktalk now have the HTC 8S in stock. ?15 a month at Talktalk is a pretty good deal!

Edit: did not look at other suppliers, but I am sure phones4u will have it too...

Question is will as many people want it now that the 620 has been announced?

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Just popped out on my dinner break and went to the local Phones4U and got the only Black/White 8S in stock :D Cant wait to get home and get it up. Ill post pictures etc over the weekend. They also have the blue version on sale and more of them in stock. :D ?230 SIM Free!

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it will be unlocked but if it isnt im sure you can get it unlocked and it will still come in at less than the ?230 I paid for my 8S. I wanted the black/white one which is exclusive to Phones4U for now so ?230 was worth it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo