Windows Phone 8 and SD Cards

JAMBO1210

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
anyone having problems with storage on there htc 8s???? moving apps,files etc to sd card???
check out: digitalconqurer.com/windows.../htc-8s-apps-games-to-sd-card!!!!!
this worked a treat for me,i now actually have 900.11mb on my phone storage and more to move
it aint the most practical but it works!!!! try it:wink:

Erickson187

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
anyone having problems with storage on there htc 8s???? moving apps,files etc to sd card???
check out: digitalconqurer.com/windows.../htc-8s-apps-games-to-sd-card!!!!!
this worked a treat for me,i now actually have 900.11mb on my phone storage and more to move
it aint the most practical but it works!!!! try it:wink:

thanks man I am going to try that later with my Nokia 822

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
thanks man I am going to try that later with my Nokia 822

Let me know if that works. Even though the .xap file can be installed "from" the SD card, Microsoft said that when it does install it will be transferred to internal memory. The list just shows what files are on it, not files that are actually installed in it.

Erickson187

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Let me know if that works. Even though the .xap file can be installed "from" the SD card, Microsoft said that when it does install it will be transferred to internal memory. The list just shows what files are on it, not files that are actually installed in it.

I was able to install them on the SD card but it appears to install them back on my main memory. I will have to try more later.

This is at least a way to be able to download all your apps and save them on the PC for when you have to do a hard reset or when they are pulled from marketplace.

tendoboy1984

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Lately I've been considering the Htc 8S as my next phone. Ya I know its really low end and all but its the only WP8 available to me. I can deal with the omission of NFC and a couple other things, but the paltry storage is definitely a deal breaker for me. My question is, to what extent does WP8 utilize the micro sd card functionality? Can you store applications and games on an SD card, or only music and video? This is crucial for me as I will definitely have more than 4 gb of applications and games. Thanks in advance for any replies :wink:

Those specs are pathetic, especially when you see the iPod Touch start with 16 GB storage. How are these smartphones supposed to do anything with only 4 GB of storage? All phones and tablets should have at least 16 GB storage as a base.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett