Apps can now be stored properly on SD card?

Jannik Nielsen

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
So, I've read some different articles when suddenly I found an article from today saying that you can now store apps on SD Card? Is that true? Anyone can confirm that? I may get the 8S if it's true. :confused:

corsica

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
No, I think you understood something wrong.
You can download and store an app's installation-files on your SD-card. This means that you can download an app onto your SD-card and then plug that into your phone to install without ever having to connect directly to the online-Appstore (which might be interesting/useful for some usecases).
However, it is still not possible to install apps to the SD-card.

casab1anca

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
This means that you can download an app onto your SD-card and then plug that into your phone to install without ever having to connect directly to the online-Appstore

Even in this case, the phone needs to be able to connect to the app store to verify that the app on the SD card is valid.

casab1anca

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Only developer unlocked phones can install apps that are not published in the Store. The Windows Phone website (link in earlier post) clearly mentions "You'll need to have the latest version of the .XAP file from the Store on your SD card before you can install it. If it isn't the latest version, it'll be listed under Incompatible apps." Which means the phone checks the Store and if it's not there, you can't install it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05