HTC 8S sd card not working

Tom West

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I've had exactly the same issue with the HTC 8S - twice in fact.

I have been using both cards (official SanDisk) and Windows 8 gets its knickers in a twist while using an app accessing the memory card (media player/photos) causing the app to crash. Rebooting the phone ends up with the SD card not being recognised by the OS. My assumption is that there are config files in the card's root that become corrupted and thus make it invisible to the OS. I am fairly certain this is a Windows 8 issue as opposed to HTC and needs to be addressed. I'd guess that its not more common because most windows phones come with a usable amount of memory on the phone and don't rely/allow memory cards.

I don't want to re-format my phone tbh - not really a great solution.

It's a real shame as I love the OS (mostly), but I am thinking of going back to the iPhone where everything just works :(

Maya00

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
My SD card in Windows Phone S8 working, but in the menu, it does not show me. Everytime when i put SD card in my phone, the phone show me, that is some problem with SD card (but card normally works in my computer, in another phone...). Can someone help me fix that problem with my SD card??

yasmeen rashid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
hi iv purchased this phone recently ..but have found storage is less ..iv bought a sd card for the phone but cant get it activated on th laptop to give my phone more storage ...iv gone to the shop for giudence but they keep telling me to sort it out on th laptop ..pleases can somebody guide me thankyou ....

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
hi iv purchased this phone recently ..but have found storage is less ..iv bought a sd card for the phone but cant get it activated on th laptop to give my phone more storage ...iv gone to the shop for giudence but they keep telling me to sort it out on th laptop ..pleases can somebody guide me thankyou ....

What do You mean by "activated on laptop" ? There's no need to activate anything.
Just put the card into the phone and do the factory reset. This should cause the phone to prepare the SD card to use.

Shawn Lukaschuk

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
If you happened to use an SD card previously used in a Windows Phone 7 device, it wont work. The cards become locked to the device and can not be used (even reformatted) on any other. Only work around is if you happen to have a device which ignores the rules (old nokia n8 phone or maybe some cameras) to format it in, or the original WP7 device to format it from (is there even a way to format the card in Wp7? Maybe thru a bootloader or custom ROM). Secure Digital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Windows Phone 7 devices use SD cards designed for access only by the phone manufacturer or mobile provider. An SD card inserted into the phone underneath the battery compartment becomes locked "to the phone with an automatically generated key" so that "the SD card cannot be read by another phone, device, or PC".[SUP][32][/SUP] Symbian devices, however, are some of the few that can perform the necessary low-level format operations on locked SD cards. It is therefore possible to use a device such as the Nokia N8 to reformat the card for subsequent use in other devices.[SUP][33][/SUP]

Jonessy

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I have had this problem with the phone not recognising the SD card. Have tried two with no success. Have tried formating the cards on and off the phone and using the phone reset command. All failied.
So...I had a brainwave and this cured the problem.
First take the SD card from the phone, then load it with the music files you want stored. Put the SD card back into the phone (which of course still doesn't recognise the files on the card). Then set the phone to store files on the SD card. Then send an email to yourself with a music file attached. The phone picks up the email, then you downloading the music file which downloads to the SD card. This triggers the card into operation and there is not only your downloaded file, but the others that were on the card originally. See if this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos