HTC 8S sd card not working

tomkix

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
well, i have same problem. How i can format sd cart while plugged in pc when my htc 8s can't see it. "SD not found". Format SD with using adapter on PC also don't work. Any other Ideas? SD is fine it works on other phones also i tried other SD and all of them don't work.

britorj

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Guys, I had the same problem...

Tried 8 SD Card's...yes, 8 different 32Gb cards, including 2 class 10, and none worked. The phone crashed with all 8.

Than I tried an stupid 16Gb Card and, Voil?...all fine.

I tried other 16Gb cards and all workded.

I think our phone doesnt really supports 32Gb cards, only 16Gb.

Just try an 16gb Card and see what happens...

Hope it helps

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue once on Android. There is this Panasonic Card Formatter on their website. Get the version 2. And try formatting it with that. Also, may be specific brands only work. Like I heard Kingston doesn't work on all phones. Try contacting HTC and ask them.

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

tomkix

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Also tried and still not working but, maybe that second thing is my problem. I have 8GB SD card made by "no name" ^^. The best card what I tried was 4th class but I cant remember who made it...
I wrote to HTC and they said that i should try SD card from their official partner (they offer 10th class card ~30-40$) but is strange that card which was recently formated on PC doesn't work oO, or try to give back it on guarantee to official HTC distributor... Great, new phone which needs to be repair. Good job.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Also tried and still not working but, maybe that second thing is my problem. I have 8GB SD card made by "no name" ^^. The best card what I tried was 4th class but I cant remember who made it...
I wrote to HTC and they said that i should try SD card from their official partner (they offer 10th class card ~30-40$) but is strange that card which was recently formated on PC doesn't work oO, or try to give back it on guarantee to official HTC distributor... Great, new phone which needs to be repair. Good job.

So did u solve it? Is the phone reading the card?

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

tomkix

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
no I didn't. i have to send back my htc to repair probably bcs all of solution which you wrote won't work with my phone :/
I don't want to buy a new SD card without any "hardware" check and have same trouble with it...

Motor_Mouth

Banned
Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I am also having problems with mine. It won't switch off with the card inserted and when I try to open anything that uses the card - music or camera apps - they won't start. Remove the card and everything is fine but a 4Gb phone is all but useless to me. The main reason I chose the 8S was because of the expandable storage.

SlasherZ

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here.

I have a 8GB sd card, and when I insert in into the phone, nothing happens.
One thing I've noticed, when I format the SD card on my PC using NTFS, then insert it back into the phone, the phone detects the card and says it must format it before I can use it.
Once the phone formats the card, the card is not longer detected.

Dejan Cvetkoski

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the similar problem.. sd card not found when i format using my pc and using NTFS my phone detect, but he sought to make format and then sd card lose ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa