- 12-26-2012, 10:31 PM #1
Just wondering if a software update can change the setting to allow us to install apps on the mem card?
Is it possible or is this hardwired in the hardware?
Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.
- 12-27-2012, 06:39 AM #3
I don't think you'll ever be able to run programs from an sd card because transfer rates may be inadequate. The only exception I can see is if the phone would be able to differentiate between types of cards-that is, if the device can see if you have a class 10 card (highest speed) then you would be okay but anything less is only good for storage.
- 12-27-2012, 08:17 PM #5
Theoretically it could be done, but I don't think it ever will be. As was mentioned, it can negatively impact app performance. Also they are trying to get away from SD cards in general because they are just an inelegant solution. Two sperate volumes and all, with different read/write speeds. They are just a temporary band-aid until NAND memory prices come down enough so that even budget phones can have a decent amount of memory.
- By gfunk84 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 2Last Post: 11-08-2012, 01:54 PM
- By riskosd in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 6Last Post: 06-06-2011, 11:52 AM
- By TunisEleven in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 5Last Post: 04-26-2011, 12:05 AM
- By IamNabil in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 5Last Post: 04-19-2011, 08:08 PM
- By Lucyeth#WP in forum HTC Arrive / 7 ProReplies: 1Last Post: 03-28-2011, 02:49 PM