Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Tried rebooting it but nothing.. Don't want to reset the phone because of one game :)

This is the third time i had reset my phone in 3 weeks . windows please try to solve this problem other wise this phone has nothing to do ..

Just don't install large apps and don't paranoia watch your memory all day. forget it, when you just use the basic apps and maby 2 games there is not a problem at all. Please vote:Store apps & attachments on external storage and improve/provide micro SD support

Try this Shrink Storage | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    Seems to work, although I did have enough available space it freed up some good chunk.

yeah the app does exactly what I stated before: fill up your Phone, after that windows is triggered to let some storage free, and after that the app deletes its fill up again. Thanks, soso_xx

how did u do that .. after i download the files on the computer i don't know how to setup them on phone !

you should search the app on your Phone. If you configured the desktop windows PHONE Marketplace in your browser correctly, it should download the app automaticly to your Phone. Note that your wifi should be on.

Freed only 10 mb for me

Same here. Tried it 3 times.
    I now have almost 40Mb left. Hurray.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Bloody shame HTC dropped the ball on this. Such a good looking phone but the choice between this and a Lumia 620 was a no brainier.

You forget one thing: Nokia owners are also complaining about the other space! We have like 1,2 gig of other and we're totally full, they have maby 2,4 gigs of other and they are totally filled up. Larger memory doesn't solve anything. You will only face the consequences 2 months later.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    It still doesn't excuse 4gb of internal memory.

Quote Originally Posted by soso_xx View Post
    Seems to work, although I did have enough available space it freed up some good chunk.
    It's really a best choice for internal memory in WP8....

Quote Originally Posted by soso_xx View Post
    Too bad, i can't find this app in my region, Indonesia :((
    Banned

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    200mbs left....

I hope the updates will solve this. At leat MS has recognized the other space problem. I have my hopes.

For those that have problems, use the Shrink Storage app, but after you filled the memory and restarted the phone, do not empty it right away, use the phone for about an hour or so, browse the web, search for new apps, open apps, just use the phone, because it will realize it needs memory and frees up quite a big amount of the "other" memory, only after you check that it freed a decent amount, go back to the Shrink Storage up and tap Clean Phone Storage.

Ive got the same issue with the HTC 8s and now there is a phone update that is 420mb which cant be installed due to phone memory low. Even after removing apps and using Shrink storage i still couldn't get enough memory to install it. So i decided to get on the phone n give HTC a call, i guess not many ppl have done that yet as the guy took all the info from me and informed me that i was the 2nd person today to call in to them regarding the issue. I should hear back from them at some point tomorrow with suggestions on what they can do next for me if anything, or if i need to get in-touch with Microsoft themselves about it. Either way im gonna be chasing them all the way as to me the spec's description for the 8s is misleading at best, so either HTC decided to save money by only giving us 4gb internal memory on purpose or Microsoft failed to let HTC know that there OS would use so much memory for updates and the magical "Other" folder.

Needless to say i'll keep ya all posted when i hear back in the hopes it gets us all what we need. A functional phone we can actually use as intended and advertised. N if not im gonna look into mis-representation of product lmao

This phone has serious memory management problem

What happens when I factory reset my phone? Is it the same as it came out fresh from a box?

@tshering golay: Yes! Exactly.

had the same problem with my samsung focus windows before, 8gb of internal and 8 gb of external (sd card) well the solution was to integrate both internal and external and came 16gb of total space in one well not exactly 16gb :D iv'e tried with my HTC 8S and ****! it won't work! well they better work on this :D im sure this is going to solve the storage issue :D
    I too am facing the same problem
    But even when I install on SD card, its asking me for memory on phone :(

You CAN NOT install apps on SD card. You only can start installation FROM the SD card, but the apps still install in phone's internal memory.

By the way, the problem is not that the apps are not installed on the memory card. It would be enough if "application data" could be moved. Most often the application itself is quite small, but the application data is what takes most of memory.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast