lockscreen music controls disappeared

corsica

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
hi there,
on my sister's 8S the music controls found on the lockscreen have mysteriously disappeared, is there a place where they can be reenabled?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
hi there,
on my sister's 8S the music controls found on the lockscreen have mysteriously disappeared, is there a place where they can be reenabled?

They only show up when a program using these controls - say the music player - is running in the background.

When you turn on the device, they will be on the screen for a few seconds and then disappear. In this case you get them back by pushing once the volume control (either direction will do the trick). This also works when the music is paused and the controls aren't on the lockscreen.

If they don't show even though music is playing, I would restart the device and hope for the best :)

piflechien

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
No no,
They only appear once the music application has been run.
Then they stay until you reboot your phone or kill the music player service by using a dedicated app on the market

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
No no,
They only appear once the music application has been run.
Then they stay until you reboot your phone or kill the music player service by using a dedicated app on the market

I meant of course turning on from standby, or else the background app wouldn't be running.

Thanks for the clarification.

Jimmy Jangle

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
That's no longer the case on WP 7.8/8 - the controls will appear if you have been using a music service, but will disappear after a few seconds if not touched.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3