Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi, I have my image settings set at 5mb so I expect my images to be around that size when I take them off. However when I look at them in the skydrive (and download them to my mac) they are each only 0.3mb or so. I have also synched my mac with the phone and pulled off the images to find that the most are just 1.9mb. I have made sure the phone knows I want high quality. So what is happening? Do I wirelessly pull them off the phone - if so how?

This is aside from the issues of the Other folder nicking all the free space and stopping me from having lots of decent apps without messing about manually with sd card. And don't get me started on the fact that on a mac it is not made easy to put things on as well as off the phone. Pretty poor.

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    Get Camera Roll Sync
    Thanked by:
    Ald65 

Okay - I'll give it a go ... why is it that we have to keep adding stuff like this to the phone to get it working at a common sense basic level? My fault for buying entry level and for having a mac. Thanks for the help

Pretty sure that if you have your phone set to auto-upload the camera roll, you will only get a compressed version... That has been my experience anyhow. I'm sure it is to spare your data usage.

To get the uncompressed file to your SkyDrive, go to your camera roll, select all images you want in a non-compressed form, and choose "save to SkyDrive"

Edit: For the record, ~2Mb seems about right for a 5MP shot... I wouldn't be concerned with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielilee View Post
    I got a solution that you can download and install a image resizer app on your application, something like a image processing software.
    I'm fairly certain after reading his post, that he is concerned with the file size in regards to data, not dimensions of the picture... This won't help with that.