Gap between base and plastic

FrodoBaggins

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey,
I have had my HTC 8S for over a month now, but I have recently noticed something. There appears to be a gap between the bottom glass, and the plastic. Please can someone tell me if this is normal, or should I go get a replacement? Picture Below

vohc6E9.jpg

-Frodo.

Zinoka

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
From what I have seen a gap is normal on most HTC phones if they have either been dropped or exposed to a lot of humidity (experience: have owned thunderbolt, incredible, and incredible 2) if the gap annoys you I advise you to buy a silicone sleeve for your phone and keep an eye on the gap to ensure it doesn't get larger or contact HTC customer service and tell them whats going on so you have a record of the issue reported to them. Their US number is +1-866-449-8358 they answer calls from 08:00 - 01:00 EST (7 days a week)

FrodoBaggins

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
From what I have seen a gap is normal on most HTC phones if they have either been dropped or exposed to a lot of humidity (experience: have owned thunderbolt, incredible, and incredible 2) if the gap annoys you I advise you to buy a silicone sleeve for your phone and keep an eye on the gap to ensure it doesn't get larger or contact HTC customer service and tell them whats going on so you have a record of the issue reported to them. Their US number is +1-866-449-8358 they answer calls from 08:00 - 01:00 EST (7 days a week)

Thanks for your reply. The problem is, however, I have never dropped it or exposed it to high humidity levels. I will try contacting HTC support sometime and ask them if its normal. Tomorrow I'll also go into the store and get them to check it.

Zinoka

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Probably your best bet in this case, it's probably just a minor factory default or something of that nature, good luck.:smile:

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Me too, but is very very thin. Maybe the plastic has curved when we removed it to insert sim card/SD

I guess you are right, cause i didn't saw it when i was buying the phone.
And it is very very thin here aswell, most of people wouldn't even see it.

dahurricaneg

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
There was a huge gap in mine when the person at the store opened the bottom, and did so with no knowledge of how to, and I demanded a new phone or bottom piece lol..needless to say, the design is pretty weak and I guess you really have to be careful..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett