HTC 8S Getting GDR2 Update!

Sh4mo

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm an htc 8s owner too. I like it very much as a phone but the "other" folder issue makes it unusable. Still, nobody talks about it.

vinscg

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Shrink storage app as been updated and now you can lock up how much mb's of memory you want to be free( this is not gdr2 related)

VisualTech48

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm an htc 8s owner too. I like it very much as a phone but the "other" folder issue makes it unusable. Still, nobody talks about it.
Microsoft know about this problem, but haven't comfirmed it yet as a "problem" that needs to be solved, but the other folder is like a cache, and cache is used to make Windows Phone 8 Fast, it is responsible why all your apps renember your login stuff, and where u left off, information of apps, etc. Yes, they should make a "Clean" Feature soon, but it will effect the spped. A temporaly solution is rebooting your phone, it clears a lot of it. Will post update if something comes up, but as vinscg told Shrink Storage update is very nice.

rubencsp0

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I got the update aswell however, when it finishes, it says that "the update was transfered but wasn't able to open it. (801882e8)" ..
Already tried to install it a few times and it keeps show the same ..

Mr_Byrne

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I got update too, but it seems to me that phone is little bit slower and unstable, very little lagg and so on. Only me?

Mine definately feels more laggy. Animations stutter and sometimes the phone freezes for a few seconds. Also there is a considerable battery drain, even with battery saver on. Moreover, the phone reboots 4 to 5 times a day. Prior to GDR2 I never had these problems. I have the phone since February. However just a few hours ago I shut the phone down, removed the SIM card, cleaned it and put it back as I suspect it has something to do with the SIM card. Right now, the lagginess seems gone and also the battery drain seems less severe. Also I haven't had any reboots so far, but I keep my fingers crossed. Nothing is more annoying as a phone that you can't trust.

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Mine definately feels more laggy. Animations stutter and sometimes the phone freezes for a few seconds. Also there is a considerable battery drain, even with battery saver on. Moreover, the phone reboots 4 to 5 times a day. Prior to GDR2 I never had these problems. I have the phone since February. However just a few hours ago I shut the phone down, removed the SIM card, cleaned it and put it back as I suspect it has something to do with the SIM card. Right now, the lagginess seems gone and also the battery drain seems less severe. Also I haven't had any reboots so far, but I keep my fingers crossed. Nothing is more annoying as a phone that you can't trust.

Similarly, I had an impression that my 8S is a bit slower... now it's maybe better, but the overall impression is strange.
And yes, the battery drain looks significantly worse !

Ludek Novy

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Similarly, I had an impression that my 8S is a bit slower... now it's maybe better, but the overall impression is strange.
And yes, the battery drain looks significantly worse !

Same here. It's slower, and the latitude of gps is still "jumpy" (unusuable for sport tracking)...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism